Getting Better

Hello to all my readers, I apologize for not updating much this semester. Unfortunately, I have been tremendously busy with my teaching clinical and other classes. This year my winter break will only be one week since I start student teaching at the high school in early January. Notwithstanding, I am hoping to write a few chapters before I start teaching. During my student teaching semester I might update extra or less depending on my difficulties. Its strange to imagine that after student teaching I graduate college in May. 

The last sentence of last chapter-Mia shocked at the story just said one word: Wow. 

(Mia's POV) 

Sitting in bed sick across from Megan eating soupy macaroni and cheese in Alexander's house while Megan tells her story, Mia cannot believe what she is hearing. 

Mia still processing everything says-I do not know what to say at this moment. 

Megan nods understandably-It is a large amount of information to process so I do not blame you for taking your time to process all of it. Both of our circumstances that led us here are quite unique, occasionally I can barely process everything that happened myself.

Showing her sympathetically Mia says-First, I need to say is I am disheartened to hear you are not able to have kids. However, I am so glad that you were able to find the right path to your child. 

Upon hearing her words Megan smiles- I genuinely appreciate you saying that. Ultimately, Nakimera is everything that Harrison and I could have hoped for in a child. Would you care to see a picture? 

Mia smiles since she loves kids-It would be my honor to see a picture of her. 

After saying that Mia coughs and realizing her situation says-However, is this the best time? I do not desire for my germs to be on your precious photo.

Smiling at how considerate Mia is being, Megan says-I appreciate the thought and do not worry about that, Madam, I can throw this picture away easily. Since I have countless additional copies and other pictures to cherish. As a matter of fact, I am one of those mothers who frequently utilizes her camera to capture pictures of her kid. 

To prove her point, Megan reaches into her pocket and brings out a picture of Alexander and an adorable little black girl with her black hair in a twisted up-bun hugging and laughing and gives the picture to Mia. 

Glancing down at the picture put in her lap, Mia examines the picture and can see clearly how much Alexander loves Nakimera. Unquestionably, without a doubt a person can see his eyes are full of familial love and adoration. His arms around her show how protective he is of her. In her head, Mia muses on how this picture shows her what she has always already known, that Alexander will one day be a wonderful father. 

Looking down at the picture in Mia's lap Megan smiles at the image of her daughter and Alexander-You can see the love they have for each other. As a matter of fact, Alexander is actually Nakimera godfather. Furthermore, she was the only person other than you in the past few years to procure a true smile out of him. 

Mia smiles earnestly and says-I am glad that he was able to have these close relationships in his life since we parted. While I love your story and it changed a little of my perspective of how I viewed Alexander. Unfortunately, I do not believe that it is still in the cards for Alexander and I to be anything to each other than friends. Additionally, I do not believe I will be your Madam anytime soon or ever. So please, call me Mia and treat me as you would a normal person. 

Reflecting on how Mia is vastly different than her previous charges she smiles and says-Mia, I will leave you alone with your thoughts since you have eaten and taken your medicine, but if I may can I leave you with a little advice.