Preparing For The Ball

(Mia's POV)

The days on my calendar flow by and today is December 23rd where I marked down the day of the charity ball. The charity ball where Alexander and I are going as non-romantic dates. Also, he convinced me to say a few words at the ball, which will be no doubt in front of an enormous crowd. Hopefully, my anxiety will remain under control.

Alexander and I have not seen each other in person since the care packages as we have both been extremely busy with the end of the semester for me and the end of the fiscal year for him. 

After the long weeks of making finals, preparing for finals, tutoring students for finals, and finally grading finals, I am glad I can relax for a little while as it is the start of winter break.

Fortunately for me, Sarah has planned my outfit for the charity ball. The outfit she picked out for me is a red floor length ball gown with sleeves and a bow in the back. It even has the perk of pockets. Putting the outfit all together, she paired the dress with red flats with little bows on them.

The charity ball is at 6pm and Sarah is coming over with the dress and shoes at noon. Besides bringing my outfit, she told me she was bringing a surprise for me. 

Right as the clock turned 12, my doorbell rang. 

Opening the door for Sarah, I immediately noticed her surprise as she had an unexpected entourage with her.

In shock, I can only say-Who are these people?

Smirking she says-Our prep team. Obviously it pays to be a fashion coordinator for movies in situations like this. These people all have experience getting women ready for balls. Furthermore, I have worked with these people for a long time and I fully trust them with making you even more beautiful. 

Giving me a moment to process everything, she continues-Let me introduce them to you so they can come inside. First, she points to an extremely fashionable young white college age male with amazing hair and says-This is Leonardo. Since I know you are uncomfortable with males looking at your body, Leonardo is letting me tell you that he is gay and also a magician with hair. After Leonardo, she points to an older Vietnamese woman and says-This is Cais and she legally immigrated here from Vietnam  to start a better life for her family. Undoubtedly, her nail designs are one  of a kind. Then she points to a mid-age Chinese woman and says-This is Mei and her and her mother own a skin care business that in my opinion is the best of the best. For this I need you to trust me since I know you have sensitive skin, but her products will work magic on you without triggering your sensitivity. Lastly, she points to a young white college age female with amazing makeup and says-This is Madison and she is truly an artist with her makeup designs. Also, she knows of your skin sensitivity and brought special products. 

Laughing she says-Now that we are all introduced, can we come inside?

Sarah's words snap me out of my concentration of looking at her entourage and it hits me that I have been blocking the entrance, so I step back and say-Come on in, I give you my apologies since I did not realize that I have not let you in. 

After they all step inside, Sarah claps her hands and says-While they set up in the guest room, I want you to take a bath. Before I head into the bathroom, she hands me a drawstring pouch and says-Mei and her mother made this bath bomb for you. It will help you relax and work on your skin. So I do not want to catch sight of you out of that tub for at least thirty minutes. Since I already took my bath before coming here they can start working on me, so do not worry about time. Grab a bathing suit and change into that when you come out. 

Following her orders, I head to the bathroom after grabbing a bathing suit. Opening the bag, I find a medium sized purple and white bath bomb. Once the bathtub is completely full with hot water, I drop the bomb and watch as the water turns purple and the smell of lavender and jasmine fill the air.