Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I knocked at the suite's door as a happy face greeted me while opening it.

"Miss Hamilton" I courteously nodded and gave her a professional smile.

"There you are, Iliana" She smiled towards me and immediately pulled me inside her lavish room.
"Come inside"

When I was finally standing inside the messed up bride's room, I looked back at her Questioningly, "You wanted to see me, Miss Hamilton?"

She smiled, "Yes, I wanted to talk to you after how Noah treated you that day and tried to suspend you. I wasn't aware of it at that time and oh yeah, please call me Julia".

She smiled at me and I wondered how many beliefs she is shattering for me inside. She isn't at all the way I had pictured her before.

"It's fine Miss. Ha- Julia" I corrected and smiled back as she gestured me to sit beside her on the sofa.

A knock on the door and in came James Young. He looked a little taken aback by seeing me in here with his would be bride, but he quickly hid it and entered with two other guys following behind him.
One was his brother Joshua and the other Noah Ryder.

Everyone greeted everyone except for me and Noah who tried avoiding each other's gazes completely.

"Well, hello there everyone" Julia beamed at the three figures, "Nice to meet everyone of you here. Well I was just telling Iliana about the last incident and how terribly sorry we were to have treated her that way and without any proof suspended her.
I hear there was someone else who was guilty, although the boys didn't tell me much in details. I hope he gets caught as soon as possible" She said the last line looking back at me, "But Iliana I know you are the right choice for making this wedding happen in such short notice and if you have any issues, please let us know. You have been so cooperative with us all this time. We all are here to help you"

Her words felt so close to heart that I had a lump stuck in my throat as I nodded at her and then smiled at the others.
James and Joshua gave me a nod and a smile each while Noah kept looking at me blankly.

The rest of an hour was spent in Julia's room planning various other things. While she was chirpy and decided on every bit of the things she wanted to be her way in the wedding, James remained quiet the entire time. Whenever I tried asking about his opinion on anything he either hesitated or tried putting it back on Julia to decide.
I tried showing Noah about the responses I was getting from James which was why I had brought James' wedding topic in the morning, but he seemed to be ignoring them completely.

It was in the evening again when I had received an invitation from none other than Amanda Ryder to join them on their rooftop candle light Family dinner.

I wasn't sure why I was asked, but when I checked with Derek, he told it will be a good opportunity to know them better and earn their trust.

"Miss Scott, why are you here?" Rosalie looked up from the large dinner table that was decorated at the terrace of the Hotel.
Noah queued in and one by one the whole family along with bride and groom's stared back at me.

"I am sorry, I hope I am not too late.. " I smiled apologetically as I looked around the whole room but I couldn't find Amanda anywhere.

"Late for what?" Was Roaslie's sarcastic question.

By now I understood looking at their faces that nobody knew I was joining them as well. Nobody except for the only person who is missing from the dinner table now.

"I.."

"I invited her to join us at tonight's dinner" Someone spoke up behind me and I turned around to find Amanda standing there wearing baggy pullovers, no make up, hair in a messed up bun and lookinh like she will be going to sleep anytime now.