Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Of course she's incapable of handling such a huge wedding, Noah... Just look at her.."

The large washroom mirror reflected my flushed image perfectly. Why would she say that?

I agree, I am not wearing any designer suits, neither have I applied any branded makeup like her, but the way she said that really made me feel insulted.

Actually, I can't remember when was the last time I had felt this humiliated in my entire life. Other than that one day which I would never forget.

But, Noah? The Noah I knew, could not even talk like this to me! Back in College, he would have never raised his voice at me, he would have never scolded me, however bad my mistake was.. That Noah turned out to be such a rude, stuck-up arrogant man? I couldn't even believe myself..

I looked again at the mirror while calming myself. I was flushed, my cheeks red with embarrassment and I was a bit shaking from the shock that Noah Ryder brought with himself. I am not a weak girl, I don't cry and especially not in front of people, but what Noah did to me today in front of all those guests, actually brought me on the verge of crying. Thank god for my self control..!

I splashed cold water over my face repeatedly until I felt the heat drain out. I have to control and suck it up until the wedding gets over. Noah Ryder is one of the guests; I just have to act normal, that's it.

Ten minutes later, I was out of the washroom with the same attitude I had before Noah came in to ruin it. I got a message from one of the staffs that the bride wanted to meet me. The bride? Julia Hamilton? Why would she want to meet me? Did she know?

I walked up to the A-wing of the Hotel which had top three floors, all booked for the guests, till the wedding gets over. The topmost floor of the A-wing had a penthouse where Derek used to live. He came back four years ago from Germany and since then the Hotel had been his home. He has no one in NYC and neither knows anybody personally. So he thought staying in the Hotel would be beneficial for his work. Such a workaholic!

"Miss Hamilton?" I said nervously as I walked up to a beautiful young lady. Yes, she was beautiful. She looked my way while leaving her fiancé behind and smiled sweetly. James Young walked away with a bored expression after acknowledging my presence.

"Ms. Scott.. There you are.." Julia walked towards me, smiling away as she came closer and held my hands in her, "I am so sorry for what just happened back at the Conference Room.. Noah was so rude to you, and just went on insulting you, knowing this was none of his business to tell you off like that!.. I am so sorry.. I hope you didn't take it too personally.. He is always like that.. Very rude and mean.. I don't know how James and he are friends.. I for one wouldn't.. Oh! Look at me, just talking away.. Ms. Scott, thank you so much for the arrangements you made in such short notice.. It's lovely, I'm very eager to have my wedding here.. I just wanted to tell you that and of course wanted to know if you were in any way offended by us.."

She shook my hand infinite number of times before finally realizing that it was too much. I had never imagined Julia Hamilton to be so down to earth of a person, a sweet charming lady, when she was, not to mention, insanely rich like the Ryders.

It wouldn't be right for me to say all rich people are bad. For instance I didn't think Noah's mother was that bad. But you never know. Rich people come with lots of baggage and lots of attitudes..

After talking to her a bit more and learning how much she loves shopping and would want to go shopping around this city with me for no specific reason, I had to finally stop her. She said she would like to chat with me sometime again and whenever I was free I should check on her. Her father was yet not here and would arrive next week. Good. One less guest and one lesser worry.