Chapter 4

Chapter 4

(Four Years later)

"Through secret sources it is revealed that, on 29th of this coming March, The Pearls has been booked to host one of the most extravagant wedding of this season between the two very powerful families. Julia Hamilton, daughter of the business tycoon Josh Hamilton is to be married to James Young, the son of Jake and Nina Young, who established the 'ForeverYoung' Company which is one of the biggest production Companies in Hollywood..."

Derek Brown, age 28, the youngest MD of our Hotel, sat on the farthest corner from of the table and read out the lines. His blonde hair, matched with his perfect blue eyes glinted as he looked up from his tab towards us. He had called in an urgent meeting today about the upcoming wedding that was going to take place within a few weeks.

"How did it get leaked?" His strong, masculine voice resonated through the long conference room.

"Maybe one of the staffs did these..."Lora Stewart replied promptly before I could. Lora was my competitor in this hotel and we had a bitter-sweet relationship from the start. The reason? You'll get to know very soon.

"They specifically told us not to disclose this before they came here.." Mr. Brown looked disappointed and angry as he said the words.

"It was a mistake from our side to tell the staffs so soon..." Mr. Myers, age around 50, the assistant director and my immediate Boss, spoke up, "I'll handle everything when they..."

"No.." Mr. Brown protested as he raised a hand and then looked at me.

I stared back at him with a confused look because he started saying what I didn't expect him to say, "I am giving the charge of this wedding to Ms. Scott. Let her decide what she wants to do..."

Everyone gasped including me..

"What? Ms. Scott?" Mr. Myers remarked quite shockingly, "This is absurd.. She is still new to this field.."

"I know. That is why I want to see how she does. Obviously she will have help from every one of us as and when she requires. But she has to take the charge.." Mr. Brown replied smiling at me.

I feebly smiled back at him. Take charge.. Yeah, I can do that..

"And what if she makes a mistake? What if something bad happens.. Our Hotel's reputation will be destroyed if even a small little mistake happens.. How can you.." Mr. Myers raged but was stopped when Mr. Brown put his hand up again.

"I have full faith on her, the same way, I have faith on all my other employees. And if these wedding would be too much for Ms. Scott to handle alone, Ms. Stewart can help her with it, but I want to see how she does.." Derek Brown smiled at me again when I returned an equally happy smile.

He has faith on me, that's new.

"Of course, I'll help her, Mr. Brown" Lora spoke again, breaking our trance.

"Okay then.." He smiled at Lora and then straightened up on his chair, "That's settled then. Tomorrow the bride and the groom and around fifty of their close relatives and friends are coming to stay in our Hotel until the wedding day. You have quite a few hectic weeks ahead, Ms. Scott. Do your best, I'll be watching you"

I nodded at his direction, telling him that I will do my best. Lora cleared her throat beside me making us known of her presence.

"You too, Ms. Stewart.." Mr. Brown smiled at her direction too.