Chapter 11

Chapter 11

The large wooden mahogany door was staring back at me like I wasn't meant to be here. It was true though, what was I doing here?

I knocked at the door, "May I come in, Boss?"

Boss, that's what he had told me to call him from now. What does he think of himself?!!

"Yes.." His male husky voice resonated through the wood.

I opened the door and stepped inside the largest Office room that was once where Derek used to work. He had totally changed the interior of this place.

"You called me.." I said as I looked at the man standing at the farthest corner of the glass wall over-looking the city. Noah turned back for a second to check me before turning away again.

"Yes, thank you, Ms. Scott, that you could manage to sober up your appearance before entering my Office.." My cheeks automatically heated up at his remark.

It was two hours later, when I had completely washed off last night's embarrassment and changed to a more clean outfit, that one of the staffs told me I was being called by my Boss immediately.

"Happy to please, Boss, was this all?" I couldn't hold back my sarcasm. Definitely not infront of this psycho ex-flame.

He turned around again, scrutinizing my face with his stormy gray eyes. He nodded his head to the side,

"Go and take that..."

On his desk was a large box, "What's that?"

The cold stare he gave me for questioning him back, told me that I should just pick it up without any further curiosity.

"Wear it for tonight's event.."

"What's tonight?" I asked in surprise.

"Just a big business association plus social gathering for buying my first Hotel" He said so casually as if he was throwing this party after buying his first phone.

"Why wasn't I informed about this before? How are we going to arrange all this within such a short notice?" I asked in panic.

"Relax, Ms. Scott" Noah said as he walked in front of his desk and rested his hip on its edge, "Everything's arranged. Just be present, that's it..."

"I am the manager, I should have known.."

"You're not the event manager, Ms. Scott" Noah's voice was rising, "You're the head of the wedding department. I don't think I am entitled to inform everything to my subordinates.."

I couldn't say anything after that and tried to peek inside the box I was handed.

"You can open it.." He said as I finally took a look inside the box. The first thing that caught my eyes was that it was an expensive dress and it was white.

I shook my head furiously, "Noah, You know I can't wear this.."

For a moment I had forgotten that it has already been four years, and this was not about some college dance night where Noah had bought me one short white floral dress for the date night. That was the first time someone had ever bought me a dress.

"Sorry, come again?" Noah raised his eyebrow with an intense look.

"I mean, Boss, I can't take this gift.." I said trying not to be too intimidated by his look.