Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Puppet??!!

I laughed at myself. Once, he was willing to change for me.. and now he told me I treated him like a puppet?!

I sipped the remaining Vodka from the glass and ordered for more.

"Iliana?"

I must be drunk, since I was seeing Derek in a bar! I had no idea he ever came to our Hotel's bar.

"Mr. Brown.." I stood up, "I mean, Derek.. What are you doing here?"

"Why?" Derek smiled, "Am I not allowed here?"

"No, I meant.." I tried to explain, but stopped when I saw his face as he sat down, "Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah.." He smiled as I sat down, "What are you drinking?"

"Vodka.." I raised the glass in the air and drank the rest in one shot.

"Whoa, slow down, Iliana.." Derek chuckled, "Why are you upset so much..?"

"How do you know I am upset?" I asked quickly.

"Nobody drinks that much for no reason.. They are either worried or upset about something..." He said as he ordered his drink.

"Is that the reason you came here tonight?" I asked as I saw him looking away, "Derek.."

"I'm fine, Iliana.."

"You just handed your dream to someone else.. You're not fine, Derek!"

I saw his face hardened as he sipped his martini, "I had no choice.."

"Why?" I was alarmed, "Did he force you to hand it over? Blackmailed?..."

"No! Iliana?" He looked at me in surprise and laughed, "He didn't do any such things. God! Who do you think he is?"

I didn't reply. I didn't know who he was anymore. A monster maybe..

"He bought all the shares for double its price. Other share-holders couldn't refuse his offer.." He said while eyes his drink, "I still have forty percent of the shares left.."

"But..."

"Enough about me.." Derek sighed looking at me. And his ocean blue eyes sparkled, making me melt, "What brought you here?"

"Me?" I replied breaking my trance, "Just a bad day.."

"Is it because of what happened in the morning? How Mr. Ryder treated you.."

I pursed my lips, emptying down another glass, "Nah.. It's alright.."

"Iliana.. You should really stop drinking now.." He said holding my hands and stopping me.

"Why? I just started.." I giggled looking at him, "Your eyes are so beautiful..." I said as I poked my finger in one of his eyes. He flinched..

You have the strangest shades of black eyes I have ever seen...

Noah's words came racing back into my memory. Why?

"Shut up!" I yelled and then saw a dumbfounded Derek staring at me confusedly.

"Iliana? What's wrong?"

"Oh.. It's you..." I giggled again, "I thought you were that jerk.. hehe.. Nevermind" I leaned too close to him as our mouths were inches apart, "Hey, Derek...?"