Chapter 8

Chapter 8

"I have work, Lora" I glared at her as I sat on my desk with some unimportant files and busied myself to ignore her.

"I know, Ana..." Lora sat on the opposite side from me, "Just here to see how you're doing.. Are you still upset becayse of the embarrassment you brought on yourself?"

"Lora... am busy" I glared without looking at her.

"Well, come on.. I know you got shamefully insulted in front of everyone.. But it's all for the Hotel, isn't it? And then, I wouldn't mind if someone so filthy rich and utterly handsome guy scolded me. "

"Yeah?" I squinted my eyes at her angrily, "Then why don't you handle this Ryder client from now on.. I would be too happy to walk away from this case.."

"Really?" Lora beamed with joy as she leaned over the desk, "You would really do that? Why don't you talk to Derek about it then... Or is it..." She assessed me for some seconds before seating back on her seat, "You were just joking, weren't you? Never mind! As it is, I don't think you can keep this project for much long.. Already a bad remark on the very first day from the Mr. Perfectionist"

"I don't care, Lora! I am really busy!" I slammed the file over the desk that I had gone through right now and started looking at another one. This startled Lora..

"Geez, girl... Fine, I won't talk about it.. But you are acting way too crazy today.."

I didn't reply and soon the telephone rang to put me out of my misery. When I kept the receiver down after talking, Lora as keenly looking at me from the other side,

"What is it?"

"There's an urgent board meeting again..." I replied, "We are all called right now.."

"Now? Why?" Lora looked gloomily, "Is it because of you? I'm sure it's because of what happened this morning.."

"Lora! I said don't talk about it.." I said standing up, "Now, let's go.."

Ten minutes later we were all waiting inside the conference room where Derek had called us. He was still not here and thus all the murmurs about this morning's event which were going on in full course. Of course I was the center of discussion and the main culprit to be blamed.

A few minutes more of waiting and finally Derek entered hurriedly into the room. He had a serious look on his face which I didn't like at all. But what surprised us even more was who followed behind him. It was Noah Ryder.

"Everyone.. Sorry to keep you waiting.. I have a big announcement to make.. We'll just take few minutes. Please be seated" He looked at each of our faces, but his voice was too serious, "You already know who he is" He looked at Noah and then at us again, "Well, as of now, he is not just our guest, but the new owner of this hotel.."

"What?!" I exclaimed louder than anyone else. My eyes were fixed over Derek's as I saw his discomfort while shaking hands with Noah. Noah looked back; his expression had a hint of anger flashing before it turned blank.

The whole room started whispering and I just stood there, not believing anything Derek said a minute ago.

"Mr. Ryder has bought sixty percent of the shares and so, as of today, he is the sole owner of the Pearls Hotel. He will sign the contract legally tomorrow in front all of the board of directors" Derek completed as I shifted my gaze from him to Noah. He gave me a sly smirk as soon as our eyes met.