Bowen

Fletcher stepped inside and was immediately bombarded with questions from every direction, none of which he answered as he met my gaze. "She wants to see you, to give back the alpha title." He whispered sadly and with a heavy sigh I headed outside, leaving the pup to the onslaught of questions still being fired his way, I would know the answers soon enough. She didn't turn to face my approach instead she led me out of sight from the house without a single glance my way, and I followed in silence. When she finally turned to face me I stopped in my tracks uncertainly, my guilt was still weighing heavily on me for spoiling our best chance with her. "Sidney I..." I broke off, not sure what to say.

 "I know Bowen, you didn't want things to happen like that but they did, now it's done and over, let's move on from that already." She waved off my worry but still I was uncertain. "You want to give me my title back Fletch said." I murmured to her, the nod she gave in reply hurt more than I thought it would. "So you're just going to cut us off and leave us behind then?" I questioned bitterly and she paused to stare me down. "That's not the question you need to ask me right now and you should know that." She whispered her tone seemed hurt but there was no other indication my accusation bothered her. "What?" I frowned back, she wasn't making sense. "My wolf was going to cut you all off and leave you all behind to die when you were surrounded by rogues and fighting for your lives, ask me why she didn't?" Sidney's growled comment is honest but the look in her eyes is strained.

 "Why?" I murmur so softly that I'm not sure she heard, but of course she responds easily. "Because I wouldn't let her, I couldn't let any of you die because of me. I might not love you like you love me but I do care enough about you that I risked my own safety to come back for you. So don't you dare start acting like I'm abandoning you because I'm giving you the title I said I would give back before all of this mess. I might not view you all as romantic interests but you are still the best friends I've ever had the privilege of being stuck with, I'm not leaving any of you behind anytime soon." She let her rambling cut off in a scoff, and I just couldn't keep myself from pulling her into a tight hug with a huge grin.

 "You really are amazing little miss Sidney Blake." I tightened my grip on her with a pleased chuckle. "Yeah, yeah, now let go you idiot, you're crushing my ribs!" She squirmed out of my hold with a huff, but she was smiling back at me now. I was about to ask her how she planned on returning the alpha title when the familiar flow of power suddenly encased me before settling back down like it had never been given to her in the first place. "How did you....?" I gaped my confusion at her cheeky grin, she hadn't lowered her position or submitted towards me in the transfer of power and that left me even more confused.

 "You seem to be forgetting that I've always been an alpha, even without your title and pack to back it up. The transfer was easy enough because I never fully accepted your title as my own, like I said, I'm not ready for that right now. You should get back to the others, I'm going to stay out here a little longer, I promise to stay close." She seemed to add the last bit it when she noticed my worry. "Okay, see you later then." I smiled softly before turning back toward the house and heading inside with the others. She didn't really come back until it was time for dinner, even tyen she ate out on the porch in silence, but no one pressed her for her thoughts as long as they knew she planned to stay.

 It was far into the evening when the Alvalrado's returned just like Sidney predicted, although they were slow to approach. Once they realized nothing smelled of heat including the she wolf herself who met them on the porch they filed in carrying their sleeping pups to bed. By the time they came back downstairs we were waiting in the living room for them and Sidney had headed back to the guesthouse with her mutts alone. "Well the house hasn't been torn to pieces so that's a good sign." Denzel muttered gruffly. "I kicked down one of the bathroom doors and Sidney destroyed one of the mattresses in the guest house, but she made sure we replaced them." I spoke carefully. 

"The place doesn't reek of anything either how did you manage that?" Madison voiced her intrigue. "Sidney has a mix of weird concoctions she uses to hide or get rid of the scent." Simon explain. "Huh, maybe I can get her to give me the recipe." She hummed out thoughtfully. "So by the looks of you all, I'd take a guess that you didn't further your relationship with the little wolf?" Alvalrado voiced as he scanned through us in a glance. "Not for her wolf's lack of trying for the three peak days, and then Bowen went and spilled the beans about our feelings for her by accident." Beck grunted out, they all turn surprise looks on me.

 "How did she take it?" Kairo wondered aloud. "Better than we expected but so far she rejects the idea, she doesn't view us like that apparently." Colton answered to help draw some of the attention off me. "Ouch, that's rough, but don't give up on her yet, chances are she'll come around eventually." Wesley shrugged. "Just give her some time to figure out her own feelings, like Wes said she'll come around eventually." Kasen smiled as he slung an arm over Madison's shoulders. "You've had a long week, go back and get some rest for tonight, your training continues tomorrow." Alvalrado showed us out, we did exactly that.

*Happy updates!*