Chapter 17

"Yujin, there's some kind of deep shit happening right here," Miss Gorgeous said while pointing at a group of men wearing black suits.

Miss Gorgeous added,

"And it seems it's not only me that noticed them, but even the tournament officials also did. These people were not participants nor officials. They could either be just onlookers or relatives of the participants. But seeing how suspicious they looked like..."

While Yujin and Miss Gorgeous were talking about the suspicious men, Matthews announced the next match,

"Now for the next match, another underdog is coming in. A man from nowhere. Someone who didn't come from a powerful family. But he managed to rise on the top. He's also a top scorer on the first trial. Here I introduce you, Mark Bonsworth‼"

A blonde guy walked to the arena.

"On the other corner, we have another member of a Firefly... Nilo Morrow‼"

But as the gate opened, nobody came up. The crowd was disappointed once again. They waited for five minutes. But nobody came. Matthews concluded,

"It seems these delinquents either ran into some trouble or is just taking this tournament lightly. Let me remind you that these Fireflies are usually coming in and out of the disciplinary office for their actions. We're not surprised if they really did take these games lightly."

Yujin flinched,

"What the hell? Disciplinary office? Come on, they never went there. Last year when there was a scuffle, I was the one suspended, not them."

Matthews continued,

"After waiting for a few minutes, the judges decided to take future actions. With the current trend of the disappearance of Charlotte Madden and Nilo Morrow, we will try to find the next Firefly that will fight on the next match. Attilo Dumlan against Mikael Dushin. But before that, we called the current head of the Fireflies, the last year's champion, Chadwick Smith‼"

The crowd started screaming as Chadwick went up and joined announcer Matthews.

"Alright, Mr. Smith, we're sorry that we had to call you right now, but since you are the leader of the fireflies, do you have any idea about their disappearance during these games?"

"I may have been their leader, but I never gave them orders, just some advice. We practice liberty in our ranks. They could do everything they wanted as long as we make Harthos University as the top University in the Kingdom of Aruka."

"Wow, what a good ideology you have there. But... we really need to know about their whereabouts. Are you saying that you didn't know their current location, and why are they missing?"

Chadwick paused for a moment. Ur'aegis Kingsley was watching from the VIP section. His bodyguard, Ur'doran Orin, approached him and asked,

"Sir, aren't you afraid that he'll reveal about what happened last night?"

"No... he won't. He's the kind of person... that would never reveal that kind of thing. That boy was stubbornly prideful. Trying to become someone that he can never be."

Chadwick answered,

"I don't. But I hoped nothing bad happened to them since they were always making trouble."

"Alright, Mr. Smith, we would not hold you here for long. Thank you very much for your cooperation. Give it up for last year's champion, Chadwick Smith‼"

Chadwick turned around and prepared to leave. But he felt something. He turned around and looked at the other side of the stadium. Chadwick saw Yujin. He started shaking. But he whispered to himself,