Chapter 15

"Ladies and Gentlemen, our second round begins now‼ But before everything else, we have a speech to our one and only Principal‼ Ur'aegis Kingsley‼"

A gate at the center opened. And a man with a tall height and big build wearing a white coat entered the arena. He was an old bearded man, early enough that his hair turned white. The crowd looked at him as he walked to the center of the arena.

"Woah, that man, he's back!"

"How long was it when he left for a mission from the Emperor."

"It's been almost a year when he started missing."

Different comments could be heard about the principal. But on the VIP section. Ur'Berto Killian sat beside Bradford.

"Oh! So the old man is back... we can finally restore order," Killian said.

Bradford replied,

"Now that he's back, what do you think he'd say if he knew what you did to his admired student?"

"Admired student... what the hell are you saying?"

"I think you should prepare... you can't escape the intel of our main family line. You know it far better than me. They will know it, sooner than you expected"

"I don't know what the hell are you talking about," Killian said, but he still stood up and walked away. While leaving, Killian bumped on an orange-haired woman. "Oh, sorry, Milady."

The lady, instead, sat beside Bradford.

"I don't know what you're planning to do Brad... you already know how your son died. You saw it through that girl's memories. That boy, right down there, failed to save him. And your boy was crushed by a rock while that boy survived. Why are you not doing anything? Aren't you mad that a lost royalty like him survived and not your child?"

"Who wouldn't do anything for their kid? Tell me, what would you do if Wallace died?"

"I would've kidnapped them and tortured them until they realized they should've given their life instead for my own child. That is what I would've done. Why don't you do it? Even right now, I still can feel that rage inside your body. That is the same rage when you killed a whole city after your wife died. You killed them all, men, women, children, whoever moves. Without mercy. But now, I'm curious. Why are you not doing anything? Did you really changed after that incident?"

"..."

Principal Kingsley walked in the center of the arena, grabbed the microphone, and waved at everybody.

"My fellow Arukans, I'm glad to notify you that I've come back safely after a hard journey. Our Emperor Kazuma Ritsuki tasked me to venture to the west, near the Stormwall Ocean, to help us fend off the troops from the Octavian Empire. Fortunately, up until now, they kept on failing to cross that ocean. If they still haven't crossed that ocean then they can never ever conquer this Kingdom."

"Aruka‼ Aruka‼ Aruka‼ Aruka‼ Aruka‼"

"I'll apologize for the sudden political topic, but I just wanna tell you, that the Kingdom of Aruka still triumphs against the atrocities of the Octavian Empire. But anyway, I'm glad that this year's Rookie Olympics is a blast‼ I heard that the first round was totally wiped out, with only a few students remaining. I hurriedly came back just to watch at least 3 more trials. But here I am, already on the last trial. I'd like to tell these students that you should try your best on this one. And if you lose, improve yourself and don't stop. Everybody shouldn't stop until you're dead. That is what the will of an Arukan is. We're the first Kingdom on Earth. The only Kingdom that was founded by the God, The Man who could Harness the Light. All of us here are blessed with his grace. That's why we have carry his will, until the end."