Chapter 8

On a dark room with only a candle as a source of light, a white-haired woman is currently writing a letter. Suddenly, she stopped writing. She dropped her pen and took a sword beside her. She said,

"You're finally here."

She started hearing footsteps approaching her. A man from the shadows came out right behind her. He had a humanoid body covered with molten rocks. It was the Molten Being — the 49th Successor. The man said,

"It's done. I already passed the Miracle."

The woman replied,

"Then we have to move, Mars. I hope he could manifest the Miracle before they reached him."

The 49th Successor nodded. He turned around and returned to the shadows. The woman stood up and followed him as they both vanished in the shadows.

~ SALION CITY, KINGDOM OF ARUKA ~

"One hundred... hoof!! Two hundred... hoof!! Four hundred.. hoof!! One thousand... hoof!! Ten thousand‼ Waaaaooffff.... oofff!!"

"You really sound like a dog right now," his master said while floating beside him.

"I think I improved somehow. I can do another thousand steps, and I am not even tired."

"How about your concentration?"

"About my concentration? Despite running, I still can see them. Their lifeorbs," Yujin pointing at the orbs inside in people's chests in the park.

Yujin barely realized that he was pointing at the orb on a woman's chest. The woman tapped the guy beside him and whispered something while glaring at Yujin. The man looked at Yujin and slowly approached him.

"Whoops!! I guess you're really a pervert, Yujin. Just admit it."

Yujin was initially confused about what Miss Gorgeous is trying to say. But he realized it when he felt that a dude is following him. Yujin stopped running and decided to walk. The man's pace started getting faster. Yujin looked back and saw that the man was tall and very muscular. Just like a normal weightlifter would be. The man managed to reach Yujin and tried to grab him.

"Hey, ki—"

Yujin suddenly walked faster that the man missed his shoulder.

The man was annoyed and walked faster to catch up to Yujin. He grabbed him one more time, only for Yujin to increase his speed. He dodged it once again.

"Kid‼ I'm not playing games‼" the man screamed, and then he started running.

Yujin was startled and also started running. The two of them were running around the park while Yujin is slowing down from time to time to give time for the man to catch up. As Yujin slows down, the gap between them got smaller and smaller. Every time the big guy got near to Yujin, he always tried to grab his jacket. But Yujin always boosted himself a little bit to dodge it.

"Hey, your concentration?" his master asked

"Don't worry, I'm still focused!!"

"Then why don't you try absorbing a few psyions in those orbs."

Both Yujin and the man following him passed other bystanders at the park. Yujin managed to detect the lifeorbs of those people and tried to absorb them. But he failed to do so.

"Damn, why can't I do it??"

"You know I'm really proud of you right now. You're still focused and not exhausted. Not only that, but you're also trying to absorb orbs while playing with the man chasing you."