Frustrated

This was written for Acting73 I hope you enjoy xxx

Dianne focused on her part, as she spun her way across the floor. They were currently in a studio rehearsing and learning all of the numbers for the impending Strictly: The Professionals Tour. As she reached the other side of the taped out stage she stopped herself travelling and moved to one foot. It was going well and she was about to finish and go into the next part when she lost her balance and wobbled. Her ankle collapsed under her and a burning sensation traveled not only along her foot but up her shin too.

"Fuck," she mumbled untangling her legs, as the music stopped.

"Alright Di?" Neil asked, the first to reach her.

"Yeah yeah, must have lost my footing, I think it was the socks I'm gonna ditch them and go barefoot," she said, pulling her socks off scared to stand.

"May as well put your paso shoes on, we're doing that one next," Jason said, having joined the small circle around Dianne.

"You sure you're okay?" Gorka asked, as he pulled her up.

"Yeah, definitely. As I said just lost my footing," Dianne shrugged, keeping her face straight, as she put her foot flat on the floor, the burning pain returning. Once everyone disperse she walked tentatively to her bag and pulled out her Latin shoes glad they were boots with some ankle support.

"Any plans tonight then Di?" Oti asked, sitting next to her, also putting her shoes on.

"Erm, Joe's home so I'm not sure, whatever he's got planned really," Dianne shrugged thinking about her Sugg at home working his socks off on things that usually went well over her head.

"Ah, so probably just cuddles?"

Dianne rolled her eyes but smiled at her friend, "not going to lie, probably, I feel like I haven't seen him much at all."

"It's going well though?" Oti asked, checking up on her friend who she was over protective of. Oti had seen the effect Dianne's previous relationship had on her, so she was sceptical of Joe, even though she knew how amazing he was she wanted to make sure he friend was happy and safe.

"Amazing actually. I don't know but it feels like he would do anything for me. He would actually. It's still early door but you know," she looked down, suddenly shy.

"He's the one?" Oti finished for her, a smile on her face, knowing her friend was happy. Dianne nodded, jumping when she heard Jason shout. She stood carefully, again making her pain and walked over to her starting position, which happened to be with Gorka.

"You remember this one?" Gorka asked, as Dianne fiddled with her shoe, lacing it tighter hoping to stop it from hurting.

"Just about, you?" Dianne asked, raising her arms as Jason walked to the music player.

"We'll see."

Dianne was glad she managed to get through that number with minimal pain but the minute she took her shoe off it took all of her strength not to scream in pain, as her ankle moved from it's stable secure position.

"You need the medic Dianne," Karren said, looking at Dianne's foot which was swollen and beginning to turn purple.

"Nah, it's fine, just a bit bruised, I'll stick some arnicare on it when I get back," Dianne brushed it off, wishing she hand Joe to hug her right now.

"Not being funny but arnicare cream is going to do nothing for that sprain," Karren said, sitting down next to her, gently lifting Dianne foot. "Jase, could you get the medic? Di's sprained her ankle, she need some ice."