V-o-m-i-t

This was requested by dogslovers123, I hope you enjoy!!

"Are you poorly Pose?" Dianne asked, as Joe unlocked the door and their sickly daughter trapesed in and wrapped her arms around her Mummy.

"Very much so. We pulled over twice and the nurse said she was sick twice in the space of ten minutes. Managed to get yourself to the bathroom though didn't you?"

Poor Poise nodded and sniffled into her Mum's tummy.

"Oh sweetie pie, come on, let's get you some PJs and bed," Dianne said, picking her up easily, carrying her upstairs.

"Saw squirt on my way in," Joe said, following her.

"Oh yeah, how was he?"

"Right as reign, shame he's passed it onto his big sis," their youngest Austin had been poorly with a stomach bug a few days earlier and seemed to have passed it onto his sister.

Dianne nodded and kissed Posie's warm forehead, as they entered her bedroom. As Dianne helped pull her uniform off, Joe selected a light pair of pyjamas that buttoned to make it easier to keep her cool.

"You've got a little swollen belly, does it hurt Darl?" Dianne asked, stroking her fingers gently on her daughter tummy. Posie nodded, shivering.

"I'm not sure about c-a-l-p-o-l yet honey, in case she v-o-m-i-t-s," Joe said to his wife, who was carefully dressing their daughter.

"Yeah, actually, get that stuff out of Austin's room, she's going to need it all eventually," Dianne said, stroking the 6 year old's face, feeling how warm it was. "What else hurts little one?"

Posie opened her eyes and pointed to her throat, her head and her tummy again. Dianne pouted at her and pulled the covers up, seeing her daughter shiver again.

"So, belly ache, head ache, sore throat, shivery, what do you want to do?" Joe saw better at managing poorly people than she was. He was better at being sick than she was. Whenever he was under the weather he wouldn't really complain, just sleep a lot instead. She on the other hand, felt she complained too much.

"Temperature first, then go by the 1 hour rule." He stepped forward and crouched down next to the bed, putting the newfangled thermometer into his daughter's ear. Growing up he had hated having his temperature taken, squirming whether it was under his tongue or in his armpit- he appreciated the new thermometer for being more pleasant and less invasive.

"When did she last you know?" Dianne asked, looking at the current time on her phone, Posie had made it to lunchtime before she was poorly.

"Twenty to one, so if by twenty to two she's alright then we can give her something for now though, we'll just keep an eye on her," he said, patting next to him on the rug, knowing she didn't like leaving them when they were at all poorly.

"She looks so little doesn't she?" Dianne commented, stroking her hair like she ways did to put her to sleep.

"In a way yeah, I suppose."

Posie wasn't asleep for very long before she woke up and Joe managed to put the bowl in front of her in time for her to be sick. "That's it, get it all out of you system bubba, that's it. Just breathe Pose, there we go. Tissue mummy?"

Dianne grabbed a wipe and wiped her daughter's mouth, kissing the side of her head. "Oh sweetpea," she exclaimed when Posie leaned forward again and threw up once more. The six year old eventually started crying, trying to lie back down.