The Plan

Fast forward two weeks...secret meeting off-sight of the Garrison with a very select group of Garrison, Paladin and Blade members. As part of the misdirection, no actual meeting was booked and each group acted as though they were put out by the others. So they were in a dicey area that was not well protected. No group wanted to offer to host, afraid the traitor was in their midst. Instead, Pidge used some rather dubious contacts to secure a building in a warehouse on the docks. Each individual took many precautions to get to the location unnoticed.

Hunk stands at the front of stock room where he and Pidge put up cameras and safety precautions last week. "Okay, we may have a lead. Well, actually, we do have a lead. But it's not going to be easy. Pidge and I have singled out a rogue communication line that seems to be interfering with the others. It seems to piggy back off the secured network and somehow hides. We need to find its origin and hopefully we can then find our spies."

Shiro nods, "Okay, tell them what you have a planned. And I need everyone to be silent and listen, questions at the end."

At this point, Pidge stands and joins Hunk, "We have a rough, very, rough draft of a plan. Basically, we need to get close to the origin of the frequency, so I think I need to be on the Blades ship, where the spy most likely is. Then I can pinpoint the frequency-at that point Hunk and Matt can run down the relay or essentially find the spy who is here."

Details are argued, negotiated and finalized. At this point, her dad clears his throat, "Katie, can we talk in the hall?" Pidge sighs, because she knew this was coming, "Sure thing dad."

They leave the conference room, with Keith electing to follow. Sam arches a brow but ultimately decides not to question it. "Katie, I need to know, can you really handle this? You're mom is not going to be happy with you leaving and you just got your cast and splint off. Can't someone else do it? You aren't in tip top shape, hell you haven't been able to train in months. I just don't want to see you hurt. I cant."

Pidge sighs, "Yes dad, I know. Please trust me. I can, no, NEED to do this. I also need Hunk and Matt here to figure things out on the Garrison end. I'm the fastest and most efficient. This is the best plan, I swear. Shiro wasn't happy either when we told him but he knows we need to route out these spies."

Keith meanwhile, has been looking closely at Pidge, he can see that she's telling the truth so even though he would rather her be safe here on Earth, he knows he has to support her plan. And make sure that no one hurts her. So, Keith takes a deep breath, "I've got her back Sam. All the way. I won't let anything happen to her."

Pidge glances up at him and she knows this wasn't an easy decision for him. He would've preferred Hunk or Matt being on the Blade ship versus putting her in danger. She holds his hand, squeezing tight, offering her thanks. He nods abruptly but keeps his eyes on Sam, who sighs deeply. "Fine, but Katie, you better be home-whole and in one piece."

"That's the plan dad, I swear."

They all go back in the room where they moved on from logistics and are now debating the stories and setup. Pidge has way too many people volunteer to join her on the Blades ship as back up. Ultimately, she vetos the offers. She acknowledges that if too many people join the group, it will seem suspicious, like a trap. So ultimately she places her trust in the Blades-Keith, Krolia, Kolivan and Acxa, with Acxa being the ace in the hole, because most people don't understand their relationship and would expect her not to care about Pidge.

Acxa however, has been spending a lot of time with Veronica and has finally understood what Keith had been trying to tell her all along. They could have worked but with Veronica, she felt tingles and excitement that had noting to do with battle.

Pidge states, "We need a distraction. Something to hold the focus on while misdirecting our true intentions."

Acxa replies, "We can stage an argument about you coming aboard, with Keith pulling rank. It will add to the belief that I wouldn't help you."

Pidge slowly shakes her head, "Well, what pull does he really have? No offense Keith, but, you are a Paladin not necessarily a high ranking Blade member. How would this work?"

Keith nods, "Yeah, but my mom has pull. Let's let it slip out that she did this for me, because I wouldn't go on a mission without you. And she agreed so we would have some time together. Back here on base, your family isn't happy about it maybe Lance and Hunk could be overheard talking about this. Plus, we make off that the MFE's are not supportive so they believe that a Garrison spy has opportunity to sow dissension. You figure that someone will want to take advantage of the dissension."

He looks over to Griffin. Pidge holds her breath, things were not going the best between them right now but she ultimately believes that Griffin's devotion and desire to do the right thing will hold true. He's truly a good guy.

Griffin slowly nods, "Fine. But I will make it known that I won't do anything to jeopardize Katie's life. That's not up for negotiation."

He meets her eyes, determined and sad and she nods slowly.

Keith still feels some low level resentment but he can't fault the guy for wanting everyone to know that he wouldn't hurt Pidge in any way. "Okay, then, we disperse and over the coming weeks we plant the seeds."

Agreement was made around the group and plans were finalized. Three weeks and counting they would have their spies.