Now What?!?

Hope you like this! Let me know!

Keith found himself wanting to ask about Griffin while at the same time afraid to ruin the moment. So he just sat with his arm around her, his fingers brushing up and down her arm and tried to enjoy the moment. The sun was just starting to set, it was warm and quiet. He finally had the girl of his dreams back in his arms and he needs to keep his mouth shut. She finally agreed they were meant to be and Pidge had her eyes closed and was leaning against him. If felt almost perfect.  Unfortunately it just wasn't in him to avoid a problem, which, of course, meant he just couldn't just leave it alone. He pulled her closer, so she would not get up and run off and also to limit the power of her punch.  He gently kissed Pidge's temple and asked softly, "Hey, so, um, what are you going to tell Griffin? Do you want me to tell him for you?"

He could feel Pidge tense and he got ready for an explosion or argument, when she suddenly deflated, leaned against him again, snuggled in and said, "Sorry?"

Keith started to repeat his question when Pidge laughed, hitting his arm and said "No dork! I'm going to say sorry, I just don't, I can't pick you James. I really appreciate everything you've done and maybe in a different universe it could have worked. *Keith growls-not in any universe that I'm alive* BUT, I don't know, I'm a nerd, this isn't a problem I ever imagined that I'd have so I have nothing prepared for a situation like this."

Keith smiled and replied, "Well, you're gorgeous and smart so I'm NOT surprised. I'm just grateful you picked me." Keith punctuated his remark with a short kiss, followed by a slightly longer kiss, then he just kept going. Kisses, touches, God he missed this. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her closer. He was very aware of her injuries and moved slowly, carefully guiding her into a position that was best for her and still allowed him to hold her close. She was seated on his lap with her bad arm nestled against his body and her leg carefully arranged on the bench.

He could feel his heart beat increase with Pidge's scent filling his head. He groaned out her name and dragged his lips over her cheek down to her neck. He was making his way to the spot that makes her squirm and he latched onto where her shoulder and neck met. All thought left his mind when he heard her groan and her breath catch. All he could feel was Pidge. All he could smell was Pidge. All he could taste was her. She was everything, his beginning, his end. Katie. HIS.

Meanwhile Katie was engulfed by heat. It was almost as though it burned through every worry, sliced through every doubt, every concern washed away and she was just left with her happy and content feelings. Keith's strong and capable arms, his sighs, his licks??? She registers a licking on her cheek but Keith's lips are on her shoulder, so she pulls away and says, "Bae Bae!! No! Stop!!!" She giggles when Keith says, "I guess she wanted in on the fun!"

Pidge looks into Keith's eyes and sees his happiness and mirth reflecting back at her and feels her stomach suddenly flip. She takes a mental picture, realizing this is how she wants Keith always to look. Always. He's happy, eyes shining, body relaxed and she doesn't get to see him like this often. Usually he's so stoic, angry or awkward. Pidge decides here and now, she's going to make it one of her life goals to ensure he feels like this as much as possible. Happy. Wanted. Safe. Loved.

They both smile at each other, staring into each other's eyes, and start to lean forward to start kissing again when Matt yells, "All right!!! ALL RIGHT!!! I'm assuming you two made up and I don't want to see this! **under his breath-at all**" Matt leans down to grab Bae Bae and arches a brow. "Sooooo, you two back together? This Kidge thing going live??? Inquiring minds want to know."

Both Pidge and Keith look confused and say, "What?"

Pidge replies "Jinx!!!"

Keith rolls his eyes, "What's Kidge?" Pidge murmurs, "Dude, you're not supposed to talk until I say your name three times!"

Matt laughs, "Keith, Keith, Keith, well, those of us who ship you, have combined your name like famous couples, ya know a-la-Bradgelina.  So K for Keith and Idge for Pidge hence Kidge. Also, if you guys are officially together as of today...I'm gonna win some money!!!!" **Happy dance**

"Matt!!!! Tell me you didn't bet on who I would pick!!!???"

"Nope I bet on WHEN you would take this sucker back! Thank goodness you're stubborn." Matt replied laughingly. Pidge blushed furiously while Keith abruptly look up in shock at Matt.

"I, um, thought, you didn't want us back together?"

Pidge looked at Keith then Matt, brow arched. Matt smirked, "I never said I didn't want you with my sister. I just needed YOU to be sure. 'Cuz that's was big brothers do. And this was my chance to make sure of your feelings and for me to be sure your dumb ass knew what you felt for her. Because the rest of us knew so long ago and yet you still, somehow, screwed it up. So now, we need to find the traitor and end the war...and get my money."

Pidge hits Matt on his arm, and then tugs him down to give him a hug, tightly, she whispers, in his ear, "Thanks Mattie."

Keith smiles. His feels his phone buzz, so he helps Pidge stand and pulls out his phone. He looks down....text message...Shiro...smiley face, heart emoji. He looks at Matt chuckling. "So I'm guessing that mom's car didn't run out of gas and you were giving updates?"

The three of them start for the house, talking animatedly with Cosmo and Bae Bae running ahead. This night was the first of many at the Holt house, filled with laughing, love and so much joy. Keith took a look around and thanked the universe for giving him a break. He silently swears to not screw it up again. And prays their luck holds.