Going on Faith

Pidge was still standing outside in the conference room in shock when Keith came out. He looked at her, grabbed her hand and muttered, "Lunch" essentially dragging her along.

As they moved up to street level, Pidge finally said "Enough, I can't walk as fast as you!" She jerks her hand out of his and stops to rub her leg. She hates not being 100% but what's a girl to do.

Keith stops as well and turns, realizing he actually was hurting her. "I'm sorry, really. (Sigh) I just want some time with you, alone, without everyone else butting in. (Voice breaking) I miss us."

Pidge sighs as well. "I miss us too. But I'm not sure how much of an 'us' there is anymore. So much has happened, maybe this is one of those times where we just have to accept our time has passed."

Keith feels his heart stop and stutter. No, no. His gut is literally twisting in his body. This can't be happening. He feels like his mouth has too much saliva and he wants to throw up. She can't mean that. She just can't. He tries to control his breathing, and ultimately goes to his knees, holding her, his head nestled on her stomach and he feels a drip. He looks up, to see her eyes filled with tears.

His body starts to stabilize and he thinks, she must have feelings for him because Pidge doesn't cry. His body sags and he holds even tighter. He can fix this. He can. He must.

Pidge can't help the tears. She loves this guy and he thinks he wants her. But what happens when Axca comes and he realizes she's the better bet? It's just better to walk away first. Don't get caught up, because she doesn't know if she can survive again if he leaves.

They hold tight and try to find their balance. Finally Keith stands and places his forehead against hers. He looks into her eyes and says, "Katie, I know you have lost a little bit of faith in me. And I know you don't entirely trust me right now. But, I'm here, telling you, YOU can, you SHOULD. In fact, I need you to. (Almost inaudibly) Please."

Keith looks into Pidge's eyes, and tries to show her how much she means to him. Her sigh tells him he gained a stay of execution. She closes her eyes, and slowly nods. Keith actually felt his stomach settle and felt his heart find it's rhythm. He swallows and takes a deep breath. "Lunch?"

She can't help but laugh. "Yeah, lunch."

The she realizes they have quite a crowd around them. She feels her face blush and bites her lip. She hates so many eyes on her but she can't help but be happy that Keith is trying so hard for them. She often feared, especially during those long months that he didn't care.