Filtering the Information

Katie and the girls had a lot of wine and are all in Pidge's room. The loud knocking on the door super early in the morning is NOT welcome. Pidge doesn't even move, so Allura stumbles over and rips the door open, growling "This better be good."

James is standing at the door and takes a step back. "Um hi, Allura. I just wanted to see how Katie is doing. I'm sorry I didn't realize she had company."

"Company?!? I'm family!!" Retorts Allura.

James awkwardly agrees and reiterates, "Can I talk to Katie please?"

Allura closes the door and moves in to wake Pidge. "Honey, Griffin is at the door. What do you want me to tell him?"

Pidge struggles to wake, "um, can you tell him to hang for a sec? I gotta pee and brush my teeth...don't tell him that though!"

Allura returns to Griffin and tells him to wait, again closing the door and not inviting him in. Pidge finally stumbles to the door and steps in the hallway. "Hey, sorry bout all that. We had a girls night and well, let's just say, the wine was flowing!"

James moves in for a hug and holds on. Pidge lets him but cannot control her thoughts at this time. She likes James. He's been so sweet and supportive. But...Keith. She cannot just turn off her feelings even if she wanted to, and after yesterday she is not sure if she wants to. She sighs. This is exactly why she didn't date.

James loosens his hold on her and looks down. "So, I'm sorry for just showing up. I just had to know where we stand?"

Pidge takes a deep breath and exhales slowly. "Keith and I talked for a while and obviously I talked to the girls about " hand waving "everything. Keith said he sent messages and didn't get anything from me. He also said that Acxa and him are just professional teammates. I don't like the idea of being manipulated so I am going to look into what happened. As far as us, or Keith" James interjects, "Katie, this isn't a briefing. Take breath!"

"Sorry, I just feel like no matter what I do someone is getting hurt. I really want to know what happened though. I don't like the idea of someone manipulating me."

"I understand. I guess I'm concerned about us. I know that we aren't even really dating but I gotta be honest with you, that's my goal. And I know that Keith and I are on opposite ends here but I just wanted you to know that I want you to be happy. I just want it to be with me. I mean, I've known Keith a long time and I'm not saying he's not a good guy. I know you guys went through hell up there. But, I want you to keep an open mind, ok? Don't fall back to him because it's the safe option."

Pidge takes a deep breath and says "Ok, thanks for understanding and for being patient."

James hugs her tight and softly kisses her lips. "Don't count me out."

Shiro happens upon them at this point. He clears his throat and says, "Hey, I'm here to get Allura. Guess you girls had a late night." Pidge agrees with a laugh.

Now all three of them are awkwardly standing in the hall with Shiro making no effort to move or go into the apartment. James looks at Katie and says, "Ok, I have to get to work but I'll call you later. Maybe we can get a bite to eat and you can fill me in?"

"Sure thing, call me."

Shiro raises an eyebrow and looks at Pidge. She sighs for the millionth time this morning. "Hey Shiro" voice suddenly breaking at the end.

He raises his arms and she dives in. He hugs her tight, and finally she feels some of the tension leave her body and she feels her eyes water. He really gives the best hugs. And right now she just needs to feel like everything is going to be ok...even if it might not be.