Part 3 | Chapter 1: Aftermath

Dark screamed in a high pitch noise, and an explosion of warmth came through. Mark's body was left and Yancy plopped down onto the ground.

I quickly rushed to Yancy's side.

It wasn't until that moment, I realized that we all needed to get out of here.

..........................................................

[Yancy defeated Dark]
[You used spell: "hope"]

[Achievement Unlocked: Freedom]

[Party Members Defeated Boss]

[+16 level up]

[Current Level: 3]

[Now Level 19: Free Citizens]
........................................................

After visiting the hospital for three weeks now, Mark finally woke up.

"Mark? You awake, buddy?"

The Doctor told me that he suffered from brain damage, it is certain that he won't remember what happened in the span of three days.

*groaning from pain* "Y-Yeah. What happened?"

Since I didn't want to trigger any trauma, I made up a scenario, "Oh-um-We were being chased and took the jeep to escape. The engine was weird, and blew up in front of your face. I pretty much called an ambulance, you were out cold for a three weeks."

"THREE WEEKS!? I Gotta Get Back To Ba-ow!" Mark tried to sit up, but yelped in even more pain.

"Calm down. I called based to inform them that you were successful and managed to retrieve the stolen key," I got the necklace and put it on Mark.

"Oh-um-thanks? What about you?"

"I also told base I am quiting. I found a new job near home. I.....I though its for the best," I leaned against the wall, looking down on the floor.

"Are you sure about this? I mean- we're partners aren't we?"

"Yes, I'm sure about this. And yeah, 'we're'," I took a quick glance at Mark and walked out the door, "Goodbye Mark, I'm going to miss you."

"Y/N!"

I continued to walk away. I fought back everything I wanted to say. It wasn't his fault that Dark took over.

Deep breaths Y/N, we need to see Yance now.