Catch Up Or Be Left Behind

Tris's POV
"And this everyone is the Pit." I jester to the side of me,where the Pit is laid out below.

Four picks up "This is also the center of life here at Dauntless, there's every thing from clothes, food, to tattoos-"

He was going to continue, but he's cut off by Uriah. Who jumps out from the shadows saying "Ya! And it's where all the fights are and where people di-"

I cut of Uriah's sentence with my hand over his mouth.

"Don't listen to Uriah, he's one of two dumb brothers I have " I say, "and he was just about to leave too, right Uri?"

He nods, mumbling something that sounds like umm hmmm and as soon as I lift my hand he takes off, down the stairs to the pit.

"Well to continue this is the life of Dauntless, now we will show you the chasm." I say, and head down the path to the under ground river.
___________________________
At the chasm, the initiates lean over the rails to see the water.

Four says "I wouldn't do that if I was you," he walks to the edge and leans on the rails, "Many people have died in these waters. Some jump, some were pushed."

There's a laugh in the group. Tracing it back to the person it belongs to, a Candor boy.

Four walks up to him and grabs him by the collar, "You think it's funny? Well it's not." he says in a low voice.

"Pop quiz!" I say, walking up next to Four who still has the Candor suspended in air, "I was attacked in my initiation, by three men. Two of whom are dead. Now can any of you guess what place me and Four landed in our initiations?"

An Erudite girl raises her hand and I nod in her direction, she says "Just a thought but, judging by your job. I say 4th place or under."

I just smile and say "Well no wonder you left, both of us got first place."

The same Candor boy that Four finally let go of chuckled and said "You, the scrawny little girl got first place! Geez! I'm gonna ace this."

My fist connects with his face before I can even think. Knocking him out cold and breaking his nose.

Four and I start walking to the dinning hall, leaving the initiates behind baffled.

"Get over it!" I say turning around "Catch up or be left behind. Your choice."

_________________________
Hey guys! Did you like it? Do you guys think I should do a little 20 facts about me?

Comment

Vote

Be Brave...
-T