Silence Kills

Tris's POV

"There are some basic things you'll have to learn to survive here," Fours voice booms through the training room, "Even though this is the first day of training, you need to know things like this to survive here even a day. First of all-"

Four was interrupted by the once again annoying Candor, who had pushed his way to the front of the group of initiates .

"Its the first day! What could possibly go wrong?"

The Candor, who is still name less to me, reminded me so much of Peter. Innocent look on his face, yet cold eyes stare back.

Four walks up to the boy. The crowd of initiates behind him move further back as if they were prey being cornered.

Closer Four came, the more the boy's eyes became less intimidating and more....scared. Then they hardened again as they landed on me. A cruel smile caught to his face.

"How come. You say living here, surviving here, is so difficult. So hard. So impossible, that it's the best of the best when she," the boy points his index finger at me, and Four stops dead in his stride, "When she has lived to see another day."

I step away form the wall I was previously leaning on and half walk half run to the boy. Putting my clenched fist in the air ready to strike.

Four tries to stop me, but when I'm a few feet away from the boy. I swing.

The Candor jerks his head to the side and throws his hands in front of his face to defend himself.

But I stop. Right in front of his hands. That's when I accually lose it.

"Do you know why I live to see another day? What's your name anyways?"

The Candor regains his confidence and says, in a very cracked voice "Jeremy, what's the concern?"

"My concern," I put my fist down and step back, "is that you are going to be one of the Dauntless that makes it. And that should scare you. All of you."

I look around the training room, my eyes landing on the Amity boy, who is all ways in the back of the group.

"You should be afraid. In Dauntless, not only do you have to be brave, but you have to be heard. We believe in being heard." My eyes go back to Jeremy, staring back are cold eyes, "Here in Dauntless, you can't just pass initiation and never show your face again. Here in Dauntless people will die to be heard. Here in Dauntless, silence kills."

And with that, I melt into darkness.

__________________________
It's been a while hadn't guys?! Well I'm 100% sorry, truly, I've just been so busy! Gosh where to start? Birthdays (I'm officially 13), Christmas, The New Years, Sports, and school!

I'm so sorry, I know I keep saying that. But do you like this chapter? Do you want the next chapter to be full of feels that make you not want to end the chapter? Comment!

Please remember to......

Vote

Comment

Be Brave...

-T