No Going Back

Tris's POV
Jaxston, with sly smile, steps into the fear landscape and is injected with the orange tinted liquid. His eyes close.

New technology from the know it-all's, allows anyone that is in the the stone room that views the initiate in real life, to see what's happening in the simulation.

And it begins.

The Candor, Jaxston, stands ridged in complete darkness. Something light rushes across the floor, like spilled water on a slope. Sand. Then light filled the room, gray and gloomy like a storm was brewing. The whole ground around him turned into to pounding waters that beat against his legs. So strong, it swept his feet from under him. Jaxston let out a yelp as he was dragged out to the stormy sea.

It looked like a movie from the view that I had. The Life of The Idiot: The Water Addition, would be a suiting name.

Jaxston was on to the next fear, after being battered by the waves like a rag-doll.

In this fear, a brunette girl with dirty blonde hair stands in front of Jaxston. Her Candor black and white sun dress spotless, the only thing around them was darkness with single lights on each them.

The girl spoke out, "Why did you leave me, Jaxston? Why? We could have done so much together!"
Jaxston face is slack in many emotions, fear, love, hate. He replies, "Monica, please. I-I- was scared, I didn't know what-" he was cut short.

"You were what? Scared? Your Dauntless now aren't you? Start acting like one! Tell me what your so afraid of that you would leave me!" Monica, now screaming, starts slowly inching her way closer to Jaxston, who stands ridged.

"I was scared of...of..."
"What are so afraid of? Just tell me! You were Condor, weren't you? So tell me,honestly. Weren't you Candor? Tell me!" Monica screams.

"I was afraid of you not liking me back, Monica!" Jaxston looks to be on the verge of tears.
"Well then, it's a good thing that you left."

You could almost hear Jaxston's heart go CRACK. He charged her, head on with his closed fist back.

Fear exploded in Monica's eyes as his knuckles connected with her cheek, and she collapsed to the floor.

He stood over her fallen body, shadows cast over his eye sockets, he said in a hushed voice, "I was Candor, I'm sorry Monica. But I can't go back." And he walked out of the light.

________________________
Ola! Guys it's been going a lot better now. I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Vote

Comment

Be Brave

-T