It Just Never Stops

Four's POV

Me and Zeke went for a game of paintball just moments ago. I won, and the deal was who ever won got bragging rights.

So the whole way back to HQ I made corny jokes and puns all related to me wining the game.

Once we get to Dauntless we descend down to the pit we see a figure by the ledge of the chasm. Oh no. Not again. The killing here just never stops.

As me and Zeke approach we see that the man ready to jump is Drew, one of the guys that attacked Tris, I'm tempted just to push him off but I'm not a murderer.

"Drew!" I shout.

His head whips around, his face is stained with tears.

"Four, before I jump I just want to say that what I did to Tris was against my will Peter put me under a simulation" He stops and sobs "I had no clue what I was doing and when I woke up I couldn't live with the guilt"

Drew hops over the railing and stands on the inch long ledge.

Zeke and I come closer but Drew stops us.

"Don't come any closer!" he turns, looks in to the deadly waters, then looks back at us.

"I don't want to be like Al, I came in 10th place in initiation, my life is terrible and I have no family-"

I cut him off and said "We could be friends, you said that what you did to Tris was against your will, she'll understand!"

"No she won't! No she won't! I almost killed her! Al was her friend and she didn't forgive him! I was already her enemy" his voice got quite, "She'll never forgive me...tell her... I... that I'm sorry" and he leaps into the waters.

Ending his own life.

Death never stops.

___________________________
Hello! I just made a new story that has nothing to do with Divergent or any fandom, but I 100% made it up! check out my new story Ripples.

-Tara