Its only the mate bond?

~Bens pov

Last night I drifted off to sleep next to Veronica. I woke up before her and we had both shifted back into our human forms during the night. So I picked her up bridal style and walked with her in my arms back to the castle.

On the way back to the castle I saw a group of guards waiting at the edge of the forest for us to return back.

"Is everything alright with her highness now?" One is the guards questioned me about Veronica.

"I think so. She still seems a little upset. What happened with the girls after she left?" 

I felt my temper rising at the thought of the stupid girls and how they talked to her. They made her upset and now Ve needs my comfort to make her feel better.

"We sent them down to the cells. They will be handled from how you see fit. But I suggest we don't tell the princess as it may upset her even more"

I simply nodded in agreement and continued to carry Ve back into the castle and towards our room. Even though she doesn't sleep in the same room as me it has always been our room.

I made my way into our room and settled her on the right side of the bed whilst I got into the other side. I pulled her body close to mine. She automatically rested her face on my chest.

And yet again I drifted off into sleep

——————————————
~Veronica's pov

I remember all the moments from last night. My friends. Running into the woods. That was the last thing I remembered. So when I could feel soft blankets around me and warmth I was definitely confused

I opened my eyes to see I was in bens room. To my left was the handsome face I call my mate. I couldn't help but look at his sleeping face. It's was adorable and I just wanted to place kisses all over it.

This strange feeling came over me and as much as I wanted to say I didn't like it I really did.  This wasn't my feeling it was the mate bonds. It obvious the mate bond will grow as we are fully Mated now much to my dislike.

The day I realized I completed the mate bond with him I couldn't think straight. How did I give into him to easily?  But I couldn't deny the feeling I felt.

I traced my fingers along his face and brushed one finger along the bottom of his lip. I smiled in content and didn't realize I started to peck the end of his nose.

When I saw what I was doing slowly moved back to only see his piercing blue eyes watching over me. I saw he made a big grin of his face whilst my eyes widened in shock.

"You know I could get used to waking up like this every morning" Ben says to me in a morning voice as he pulls my body even closer to his.

"I-i" I stuttered at a loss for words

"Aww it, my princess, at a loss for words. You brought it upon you self baby" he cooed to me placing a kiss on top of my forehead.

Ben gazed down at me lovingly and I started to lose my self in my thought thinking about my friends and how the felt towards me.  I didn't even realize that I started crying.

" aw Ve it's okay. I'm here don't listen to them horrible girls. They aren't real friends" Ben said as he pulled me into a tight hug. It was shocked by how he knew what was wrong.

I was gonna fight against it but his confront at this time felt great. I hugged him tighter putting my face into his neck breathing in his amazing sent.

"I thought they were my friends" I sobbed harder into his neck and he cradled me like a baby.

"Shh it's okay. But if anything is bothering you I need you to tell me. Okay princess?"  After he said this I hummed in response.

Me and Ben sat like this for a few minutes none of us decided to break the silence. Until Ben decided to.

"Look Ve. The mating games end today and there will be a party to celebrate the ending of the games.  I know you probably don't want to but me and you need to attend. The whole point of having the games in the castle is so I could find you"

At this I sit up as fast as I could and glared at Ben.

"Why should I" I reply challenging him

"Because all the royal family must attend the party and last time I checked I'm prince you're the princess. It's the protocol" his anger rising at my defense

"If I don't go are you going to kill my family for not doing as you say. Because that's what this relationship is" I felt my wolf wanting to take control but I tried to say put.

"Ve please don't be like this. If I didn't do that then you would have spent your whole time ignoring me. Please baby just give me a chance. I really do care about you" he looked at me with pleading eyes.

I felt torn about what to do. Deep down I wanted to give him a chance but I was too stubborn to admit it.

He grabbed me by the waist and places me on his lap with my legs at either side of him whilst he hugged me tightly.

"Please princess just one chance. I know you didn't want a mate but let me show you it's worth it. We can visit your family as much as you want" at this I snapped my head towards his a small smile playing on my lips.

"Really?  Do you promise?"  He nodded In response and looked at me with hopeful eyes. I had no reason to say no to him and me and my wolf both wanted to give him a chance

"Okay" is all I say to him but it was enough for a huge smile to grow on him.  He picked me up from the bed and spun me around whilst keeping a tight grip on me.

Once he finished his little celebration he smashed his lips into mine. This time I didn't push him away but parted my Lips to give him better access. When the heated moment was over he rested his forehead against Mine and pecked my nose.

"Thank you so much princess you don't know how happy that makes me"

Instead of responding to him I simple just hugged him again clutching tight onto the back of his shirt.

Maybe this is the start of something new.

———————————
Not posted a chapter in a while.

I'm so great full to everyone who has decided to read my book. Over 500 reads that's amazing!! Thank you all 💜💜x