The truth hurts

~Prince Ben pov

After going to collect Veronica for breakfast I ended up getting very angry at her which I known won't help the situation

We both fight for dominance in everything making arguments like these happen. It just hurts to hear her say she didn't want me as her mate.

A mate should be the one you love and spend your whole life with. And hearing your own mate basically reject you is a Stab to the heart.

As much as It did bother me I knew Veronica was just being difficult and with time she will grow to love me as I love her. She can't fight the mating bond and soon enough every day she and her wolf will want the touch of her mate.

Until then I need to put Veronica in her place. She is my equal but she needs to see that things won't be going back to normal and she has responsibilities she needs to attend to.

Sitting at the breakfast table with Ve at the opposite end I see her beautiful features her face. The way her blue eyes shined like mine and how her hair flowed smoothly. She was perfect.

Ve slowly eat her food in front of her as she seems
To be deep in thought.  I did feel bad for yelling at her before as I saw the look of terror on her face. I new for her to warm up to me she needed to trust me and yelling won't make it any better.

"Ve ?" I called her after eating my food

" yes your Majesty" she replied. Her saying them words kinda hurt a little. A princess shouldn't act below to others let alone her mate.

"Ve don't call me that.  It's not needed"  I said with pleading eyes

" why not Ben? Everyone else calls you that and I don't want to be treated any different" she replied to me whilst taking a bite of her toast

" them people are showing respect to me just like they should do to you. It can't be helped that you are different from most other people. I know it's a lot to take in. I had my whole life to get used to it"

Once I said that she looked into my eyes and then back down to her plate. Trying to find a response to give me.

She was about to say something up until my mother and father walked into the room.

" Veronica it's so nice to finally introduce my self to you. My son won't stop talking about you." My mother said walking up to her

Ve got up from her seat and waited for my mother's arms to engulf her in a hug. Surprisingly Ve hugged her back until she was eventually let go.

My mother looked at Ve studying her whole body which Leads to a smile across her face

"You very pretty Veronica. My son really did get a good one" my mother said with a small chuckle.

She wasn't wrong. I got very lucky with Ve. She is beautiful and perfect in every way besides her attitude problem but that's what makes her Veronica. I could tell she would make a great princess but she hasn't excepted that just yet.

My father stepped forward towards Ve and introduced himself.

"You probably already know but I'm bens father. It's nice to meet you Veronica. You seem like a lovely girl and my son is lucky to have you"

My father hardly complements people so him saying that to Ve shows he must really like her.

Ve gave them a small smile and thanked them whilst saying it was nice to meet them.

" so Veronica Ben said that your daughter of an alpha?" My mother questioned her curiously

" my dad is alpha mark Clarkson of midnight pack" she replied to my mother question.