Marked

~Veronica pov

Before I could even finish my sentence I felt bens fangs plunge into my neck. I let out a piercing scream of pain and he marked me bonding him even closer to me than he already was.

what felt like forever he finally pulled his teeth out of my neck and the pain quickly disappeared. He then started to seal the mark which leads a shiver down my body.

I felt a massive amount of pleasure as he kissed on the mark permanently sealing it. I couldn't help but let a moan slip through my mouth and I gripped onto his shirt trying to keep my body up.

I felt weak. I wanted to cave in. Anger. Pleasure. Sadness filled me all at the same time and it was too much.

The last thing I felt was warm arms catching me before I fell and hit the ground. And just like that I was out.

————————

I recognized this feeling. The day of the ball when I woke up. By now I could tell I fainted again and was yet again in the comfort of the bed I was once in before.

However this time I felt a presence at the bottom of the bed.

I slowly opened my eyes to be blinded by the light to my surprise. I must not have been out for as long as last time.

Sitting my self up feeling light-headed I saw Ben at the end of my bed watching me with his eyes fixed to mine. Once he related I was up he handed me a glass of water which I reluctantly took from him.

I stared with small sips until I finished the whole glass feeling refreshed once I finished it.

I turned my head to put the glass down when I had a jolt of pain shoot through my neck. This lead me to drop the glass of the floor letting it smash everywhere.

I whimpered in the pain and put my hand over my neck hoping it would help. Much to my luck it didn't do anything.

I looked towards Ben and anger stirred inside of me.

He marked me

I didn't know how to feel. I was angry to say the least for so many reasons.

Being marked meant I would be drawn closer to my mate which is the last thing I was.  Second, after the information Ben's mother told me this meant now I was marked soon enough I would slowly age like the rest of the royal having to watch my whole family and pack die before my eyes.

Tears filled my eyes at the thought that there was nothing I could do about any of this.

On top of it all I was being held captive in the mating games in the palace with a mate that forcefully marked me.

I thought I pretty much covered it all until the last thing hit me.

Being marked meant I would be going into heat soon. I would be in pain for weeks unless I finished the mating process.  And I don't know anyone who has managed to endure the pain long enough to avoid mating.

Looking toward Ben I was so in shock my worlds couldn't form right.

"Y-y-ou" I tried to speak whilst pointing a shaking finger at him

I want to scream or yell or just anything to make this better. But instead, I did nothing. Just looked into bens eyes.

"Ve you telling me not to mark you only made me angrier. And I would have marked you sooner or later.  I won't apologize for what I did because I'm not sorry. The mark will start to have a big impact on the bond between us and I think that's something we need to make us closer with one another" Ben explained to me

The fact he wasn't even sorry made me furious.  The fact he thinks he can choose what to do as he pleases

"You c-can't make D-Decisions for me. You had N-no right to do this" I stutter slowly getting my actions in order

"I'm afraid princess you left me with no choice. You wouldn't have willingly let me mark you. I did what's best for us. We are made for each other and soon enough you will start to see that baby" he replied in a calm voice

I sat on the bed crying to my self. I felt alone. I didn't know what to do. My parents were hours away and my mate wasn't an option right now

Ben started to come closer to me opening his arms up to pull me into his embrace

"Aw baby please don't cry. I promise it gets easier" he cooed to me in a soft voice.  Before he could scoop me up into his arms I stopped him

"Please don't come near me Ben" I whisper. I knew he could hear me through his wolf hearing tho.

"Baby plea-" he started to say until I cut him off

"No please don't. You don't understand it from my point of view. I'm being ripped away from my life. I will have to watch my family die. I have a bond growing between us that I had no say in because you thought it was what's best. You making me be royalty and I don't want that. I'm no princess. This isn't fair. It's my life. Why can't I control it" I said

Once I finished I started to break down sobbing into oblivion. I didn't even release that Ben had picked me up and placed me into his lap and started stroking my hair trying to calm me down.

As much as I hate to admit it. It was very calming and I started to relax into his chest.

Once I got some of my common sense back I jumped off his lap and walked over to the bay window looking at the view I saw from outside.

I turned around and met eyes with Ben

"Please just go. I want to be on my own. Don't bother  trying to persuade me otherwise." I said in a quiet but harsh voice.

Ben understood I needed to be alone and he finally walked out of the room and left me alone to my thoughts.

——————————-

It has been a week since Ben marked me.

A week and I still haven't left this room

I developed a new routine for my self. I would wake up. Shower. Read then sleep. The same thing happened all day every day. It got boring since Ben took away my phone. All I had to do was read from the many books on the shelf

Maids would come in every day with food for me but I only eat small bits of it hardly touching the rest. Every day Ben would knock on the door asking me to come out but I just ignored him.

I was reading one of the many books I have read over the past week when pain shooter all though me.

I was excruciating pain. I felt like my body was being burned from the inside out. I instantly grabbed my legs and moved into a small ball trying to ignore the pain.

But it was just too much. I knew what was happening. I saw it happen to my sister.

I was in heat.

My breathing hitched as I tried to calm down. I tried to Stand but I only fell to the ground.

I started to hear loud banging at the door. It was ben. I was thankful I locked the door before.

"Ve?" He yelled

"Baby open the door" he said again trying to calm down.

I let out an ear braking scream as the pain flooded through me more and more. I felt numb. I felt like I was dying.

" Veronica baby please open the door.  I can make the pain go away. Please I can't bear to hear you like this" he said yet again through the door

I tried to get out words only for them to increase my
Pain.

"Y-y-ou won't To-u-ch me" I managed to get out.

I heard his yells in protest again my statement but I refused to listen to him

I made my way to the bathroom and filled the bathtub with cold water.

One it was full I struggled my way into the bath and let the coldness surround me.

The pain was still there but it definitely helps the pain a little. I settle as much as I could and stayed there till I had a little of my strength back.