Friends help?

~ Veronica's pov

I was walking down the steps towards the main hall were the people in the mating games were taking part in another of the activities.

Ben was right behind me as I walked whilst he followed me like a lost puppy when really I was the one who could get lost at any moment.

To my luck I went in the right direction and came in front of the two large doors that had a guard situated next to each of them.

I slowed down towards the doors which lead to Ben catching me up and standing by my side.

" good morning your majesties" the guard kindly greeted both me and Ben.  I slightly cringed yet again at my so-called title.

They opened the doors for us making quite the grand entrance into the hall. An old man wearing a Black suit that was on the inside of the hall spoke in his loud voice that echoed through the room making me tense at his words.

" prince Benjamin and his mate princess Veronica have arrived. Let today's activists begin". After he finished Ben grabbed my hand and pulled me into the hall with all eyes on us.

The doors loudly shut behind me making me slightly flinch as the sudden sound.

Everyone's eyes were on the newly mated royal couple. I could see most people in awe and a few people who looked jealous of the current situation of me and bens hands intertwined with one another.

I blush at all the looks at me and quickly remove my hand from bens and faced my head towards the floor.

"What's going on?" I questioned Ben in a small whisper hoping no one could hear.

"I told ms white who runs the games this year we will be joining them today in the snow walk outside" he replied.

"The activists don't start until we both head out first as we are the royal couple for the events today" when he finished speaking I slightly nod at him even though I didn't like the idea.

I wanted to go out in the snow. Ben is hard enough. But with everyone else is worse.

With bens threat towards me to be his girlfriend I can't make the slightest mistake or else I dread to think.

He grabs my hands yet again and walks us over to the gardens with the rest following is behind.

As we get close to outside I felt the cool breeze of the winters day as it made the tip of my nose go cold.

Arriving at the gardens I took my first step onto the clean and untouched snow now leaving a shoe print as I walk across the snowmaking Loud crunching sounds as I moved.

Soon all I could hear was the sound of snow crunching as more people walked outside.

I glanced over my shoulder and saw my friends behind me walking next to each other.  How much I wanted to go up to them right now.

"Ben can I go and talk to my friends please.....alone?" I politely ask him hoping it would improve my chance

"No you can't baby. How do I know you won't take it as your chance to run away and leave me?" He questions rising one of his eyebrows.

Anger built up inside me as he thought I would run away after what he threatened to me

"Why would I run away Ben. You fucking threaten to kill my pack if I did. And all I want to do it talk to my friends" I loudly say back to him rising my voice. I was in edge and was about to lose it

Ben snapped his head towards me and gave me a warning look as if to tell me to stop talking.

"WHAT? YOUR GONNA GO AND KILL MY PACK NOW BECAUSE  IM SPEAKING BACK TO YOU? SORRY IM NOT YOUR LITTLE PERFECT MATE" I yelled at him. We were ahead of everyone else so they shouldn't have been able to hear me yell

I shake Ben of me and walk on over to my friends not caring if he likes it or not

As I got closer to them I let a small smile come to my face as I saw them. As soon as they saw me they stopped dead in their tracks and carefully watched me

"Hey, guys" I speak shyly to them as I slightly wave me gloved hands at them.

" Hello your highness," one of them said to me and puts a fake smile on her face

My other friend next to her decides to speak next

"Yes hello princess what brings you here?" She questions me

I was confused about why my own friends were talking to me this was. It was so formal. Almost as if we were never even friends

"Why are you talking to me like that. Where friends?" I ask them tilting my head in confirmation

One of them scoffs at my reply to them

"Yeh well we were friends with Veronica.  Not her royal highness" she bitterly said to me and the other nod in agreement

"But I'm still Veronica. I'm not a princess"

"You're not a princess?  Then what was the ball deal then? Huh?  Because it was only you and the prince in black.  And last time I checked your mate is a royal" another angrily replied back to me

"Look you don't understand. I don't want to be his mate. He is forcing me into this. I want nothing more but to run away. I'm no princess I'm not royal just look at me" as I spoke to them tears were threatening to fall from my eyes. At the thought of my best friends thinking so negatively about me.

"I am looking at you Ve. You have always been so perfect and beautiful. Everyone loves you. Perfect family. Now you have the perfect mate.  Why do you get everything? People like us have nothing and then people like you get it all" she yelled at me very loud people were starting to draw attention to our argument

"I didn't ask for this. I didn't even want a mate you know that. Can you help me escape please?" I whispered to them in a pleading voice

"I don't think your little mate would be too happy with people trying to help the princess escape from him. We could go to jail you know. but typical Veronica not caring about others. I'm not surprised "

"Why are you being like this. We were fine before all of this. Once I escape we can go back to normal" I hardly spoke as tears fell down my face.

"No Veronica it's just made us realize how everything is about you. Emily's right you know. You do get it all. People would kill to be in your position right now. And your so ungrateful you want to throw it away"

At this point I was broken. My own friends Turned on me because I found my mate. The truth was coming out and it seems like they have been trying to hold this for a long time now.  Have they always felt this way?

Cold tears fell down my face and hit the snowy ground that was now full of footprints.  By now everyone was looking at us as I slowly cried my eyes out.

" enjoy your life princess because we no longer want anything to do with it". Before they turned around and left I was pushed to the floor resulting in lots of gasps from the crowd.

I saw three guards running us to me in a state of panic which wasn't helping me.

"You highness are you okay?" One of them asked me while the other two pick me up from the ground placing me on my feet.

I didn't reply to them. Instead I did the one thing I could think of. I ran

I sprinted off into the woods right next to the castle and didn't turn back even after my name being constantly called to return back.

I just ran deeper into the forest as tears flowed down my face.

———————————

Thank you so much for the 200 reads. I was shocked when I looked this morning. I was very great full

💜💜💜