Lost and found

After about 30 minutes I arrived near the main road which was a sign I was close to my aunt's house. It was getting late at night and was starting to get real cold.

The cool breeze brushed upon my skin sending shivers through my whole body. I hope I can get to shelter in time.

After another fifteen minutes of walking I finally saw the house. It was a small little cottage located quite far from the pack. My auntie never got along with my dad and a few years ago the had a massive argument which leads her to live here away from everyone.

Of course, me and my sister would come and visit her but I was more close to her than my sister Emma. me and Emma used to be very close to one another.

But when she went to the mating games and found her mate on her second visit we slowly drifted apart. She put her mate before her family and soon enough moved out.

I only ever see her once every few weeks as her mate is quite possessive over her because he is the beta of the dark Luna pack.

       My mum knew about me and my sister's close relationship and numerous times she would get Emma to talk me into wanting a mate. It never worked. I never want what happened to Emma to happen to me, where I lose contact with my family. I couldn't let that Happen not ever.

Arriving at my auntie's house I saw a second car in her driveway. I thought this was strange as her mate is my dad's best friend and beta so he is normally at our house to the early hours of the morning. I always felt sorry for Lizzie. She must have always felt so lonely.

I walked along the cobbled path and came up to the front door of the house. Taking a deep breath I knocked on the bright red door.

After a few seconds I heard the door being unlocked from the inside and slowly opening to revile my Auntie Lizzie.

        "Hey auntie" I said as I rushed to give her a massive hug.

"Veronica it's so nice to see you again. Did you have a safe journey here? I thought you Were coming tomorrow and also happy birthday my dear. I can't believe you are 18 now ." She questioned as she realized me from the hug and looked at me.

" I know I said I was coming tomorrow but me and my mother got into an argument and I thought it would be better to come today. Plus I wanted to meet my favorite auntie on my birthday." I said to her as I walked into her house and shut the door behind me.

       I loved visiting her house it has a cozy feel to it and always smelled of freshly baked bread which was amazing. I took my shoes off near the door and started to head into the living room. Before I opened the living room door I heard voices coming from it.

This brought me back to the mysterious car outside of her house.

"Lizzie do you have a guest here? I saw another car outside." I questioned her starting to get a little worried about why some were at her house at this time. It was near 11 pm and she doesn't normally have guests besides me and my sister.

         "Veronica I love you so much so please understand why I did this. Try your best to not get angry okay." She with an Apologetic face. I was more than confused right now.

What was she trying to say to me about not getting angry? What did she do? I was gonna say something to her but instead I decided to go into the living room to see what was going on.

I slowly opened the heavy door and looked into the small room which had antique furniture in it. I couldn't see enough so I just opened the door fully and walked into the room.

As I walked in I saw two people sat on one of the couches. My mother and father. How did they know I was here? And why did they come here? Then it hit me.