From Sunrise To Sunset

surprise i was bored

Summary:
Before she could even comprehend it, the girl was walking toward her. As she approached, more of her features became visible as she wasn't fading into the colors of the sunrise.

or

The one where Perrie meets the *literal* girl of her dreams.

-

The first dream happened when Perrie turned 12. When she awoke, she was hit with the image of a beautiful sunrise, and the sound of waves crashing in the distance. She remembered seeing a figure in the distance walking in the sand, but she couldn't quite decipher who they were. Before she could see any other features, the dream ended. The weird part about this was that Perrie never remembered her dreams.

However, she couldn't get this dream out of her head for days. She felt like it was important, but she didn't know why. As the weeks went on, she forgot about it with the business of school, and she decided that she had more pressing issues in her life.

However, a few months later. she had the dream again. Except- it wasn't the same- it was as if the dream picked up where it left off. She saw a figure running in the sand, and then the dream went black, continuing only to show a sunset. The dream never changed after this- not for a while.

Therefore, every time she had the dream- every couple of months- it was the same. Sometimes the colors in the skies would change, and sometimes- well, very often it would be raining on the beach, leaving Perrie upset when she awoke. She loves the rain, but in the dream it made her feel upset.
What did not change was the figure on the beach, and that it always starts with a sunrise and ends in a sunset.

However, once the night of Perrie's birthday hit, the dream changed again. Well- it didn't necessarily change, it just became more clear. As Perrie's eyes shifted closed as she reached tranquility, the cotton of her sheets calming her once anxious body, she was met with the colorful sunrise once again. This time, when she sees the figure walking in the sand, the sun seems to shine brighter with the realization that it's a girl.

Perrie never thought about who it was, but she always felt that with the beauty of the scene, it was romantic.

Now, when she awoke, Perrie thought about the girl, and didn't feel any different about her dream.

She went about her days normally; waking up at 6 am to get ready for school, walking slowly to each class as the clock barely seemed to turn. Her life was boring. She went to school every day, and only seemed to enjoy it when she had time to journal and sketch. She often wrote about the dreams she had, and how they made her feel. It always surprised her how the weather and colors in the sky changed Perrie's mood when she awoke. So she wrote about how the dream and her were somehow connected, and how she wondered if she would have these dreams forever.

She sketched the girl on the beach; hopeless attempts at capturing how she thought she looked. But Perrie quickly realized that all she really sees in the dream is a shadow of a girl-a female figure in the sun. So Perrie continues- she stressed about late assignments and grades, and she's tired of the same routine. She wasn't dating anyone because it never felt right. She didn't feel like it was worth the hype because she had never felt truly attracted to someone.

Time passed, and the summer after her junior year arrived. The day after school ended, Perrie decided to take a trip to the beach by herself. She loved her family surrounding her, but the constant questions about her future were getting a little suffocating, and going to the beach always helped Perrie relax. She woke up early to head to the beach because she hated going when it was too hot.