I'm Yours

The school is warm, which is nothing surprising considering spring has come, bringing with it warmth and sunny days and washing out the bitterness and cold of winter. With no air conditioning in the school, it's bound to be an irritatingly warm spring, which will undoubtedly leave the students restless and probably more annoying than usual.

Still, I'm happy to be back after the two-week long spring break. I've missed my students, missed teaching, missed being in the classroom. I'm new teaching at this school this year and I've earned a reputation as a fun teacher. The students all like me and most respect me too, and being me, it was always a bit of a fight to get respect. Maybe it was the blonde hair or my attitude, I don't know; all that matters is now I've got the respect I've always wanted and it's doing something I love.

My desk looks neat right now, having cleared it before break began, but the drawers are all stuffed to the brim with papers I still need to grade and other various office supplies. I lightly sigh to myself as I sit down at my desk, trying to conjure up some regret at having spent the last two weeks off not grading, but I can't bring myself to care. The last two weeks were perfect even if I got no work done, even if all my students will be whining about not having their things graded yet.

"Hey," I look up at the voice to see Leigh-Anne as she meanders in, smiling at me.

"Hey," I reply, grinning at her. Leigh-Anne is my best friend; we met when I started here last year and the two of us clicked immediately, becoming close right away. If I've got the reputation as the fun teacher, Leigh-Anne is definitely the hot teacher.

"So," she says, sitting on top of a front row desk, "someone's got an anniversary coming up."

I try to fight my grin and instead narrow my eyes at her. "I always reprimand the students for sitting on the desks."

She ignores me and leans forward, her grin somehow widening, "What've you got planned?"

I lean to the side, opening one of my drawers, inwardly scolding myself for letting it get so messy, and begin tugging out papers, setting them on my desk in front of me and grabbing for a red pen so I can pretend to be grading, when instead all I can think about now is my girlfriend.

"I don't know," I mumble. "Just...dinner...and stuff. Typical anniversary stuff." Our one-year anniversary is coming up, which is huge. We never thought we'd make it this far; no one did, even our best friends, though they were nice enough not to say it.

"And stuff?" Leigh-Anne raises her eyebrows. "Oh, I know what that means!"

"Leigh-Anne!" I gasp, my blue eyes widening in shock even as I let out a small giggle. "She's your student too, I hope you realize."

"Hey, I'm not the one having sex with her," she retorts. I can feel my face heating up as I drop my head in my hands, groaning, which only makes the older girl laugh.

My girlfriend is a student- one of my students, and was one even when we began dating. But she's very mature for her age and now, she's 17 and I'm 24, which really isn't too bad of an age difference.

Leigh's laughing stops when the bell rings and suddenly we can hear all the students shuffling around, their talking growing louder and louder as they get closer and Leigh-Anne moans before hopping off the desk. "Better get to class," she jokes before calling a, "See you later," as she slips out of the room.

I push myself out of seat, smoothing down my skirt and trying not to get too excited to see my girlfriend, Jade. I only just saw her yesterday and we spoke on the phone last night, but still, it's been too long, and I'm starting to miss her. Luckily for me, she's in my first period class, as well third hour, for study hall.