Just One Blow (To Finish Us Off)

Summary: Jade knows she doesn't care much for the revolution so far, it's dragging on and not much good has come from it.

Jade knew she was screwed when Harry came in love struck on her eighth day in the cafe.

He was floating to put it simply, dazed smile in place as he swayed to the low hum of the guitar in the background, and as soon as Zayn noticed he was quick to tease him. Harry had never been one to notice girls so it was quick for everyone to catch on that something was different, and as soon as he began to speak about the girl he'd seen earlier that a day Perez was there to shut him up.

"Harry are you forgetting the situation?" he had spoken, raspy voice low and stern, eyebrows raised in frustration at Harry's apparent puppy dog love. "We could be dead tomorrow. We could die this second for all we know. This isn't the time to be wasted on girls and day dreams."

"You weren't there today Per, you can't tell me to ignore this feeling of, this feeling of lightness, of butterflies and love and all things-"

"I can tell you that if you keep thinking that way the lightness will turn to dark. The butterflies in your stomach will turn to blood," he continued, pacing back and forth, catching the attention of everybody in the joint.

Jade's always admired Perez's ability to capture a scene without much effort. She thinks, scratch that, she knows that's what had pulled her in in the first place.

"The love won't be there either because you can't love when you're dead Harry. We have a country to fight for. A people to fight for, and here you are focused on what? Puppy love? Just some girl you saw? Rethink your priorities before you consider staying with us. The price to pay is too much for someone who can't comprehend how serious things are."

(Harry later gushes about the love at first sight and Jade thinks it's ironic that she felt that with the one person who would never allow for such a thing.)

-

Jade remembers the first time she met Perez, or well, more like she saw him.

It was a rainy day, not much going on but Jade
found herself at a bar as per usual. She wasn't moping, but she was drunk, and she was about to go for another drink when a voice caught her attention.

It was from a gathering, held in the other side of the bar and from what it looked like it was for something to do with this damned revolution. Jade would swear on any relatives grave that it was all anybody would talk about lately, and before this moment all she'd been doing was hoping they'd shut the fuck up already.

But now? Now she was trying to get a closer look.

The voice was strong and sure and for some reason she couldn't tune it out. For some reason instead of pushing it away all she had wanted was to follow it as closely as she could for the rest of her life.

She dropped all other concerns and moved blindly as close as she could until she locked eyes with the man speaking.

Blue eyes met brown and Jade knew she was a goner.

It might not have been love per say, but she was in love with his passion already, that much was sure, and she knew that this was going to be her end. She knew he was going to be her end.

She ended up blindly following him for the rest of the day as him and his few buddies preached about the revolution, and even if she didn't care for half of what he was saying, she cared for the way he was saying it, and within a week she'd finally managed to talk to him.

"Hello, I don't mean to be rude but I couldn't help but notice you coming to our meetings lately?" okay, he talked to her, same difference.

"Oh yeah I have been actually," she replies after a moment, trying to stay playing it cool.