Wedding Day

surprise girlies
(bitch was too harsh i love yall)

-
It was bound to happen. If you stay in a relationship long enough, you're going to end up in the altar.

Perrie took another swig of the bottle as she pondered the upcoming wedding of her bestfriend. Tomorrow at two, vows will be said in front of family and friends. Tonight, there would have been bridal sleepover. It was actually happening right now. She should know, she was the one who organized it. But when the time came to actually go there, one hand on her door knob about to leave her house, it hit her. Jade was getting married. And the joy Perrie usually associated with that thought was replaced by something darker. Fear that she's losing her. She actually laughed at first. She's not losing Jade. Nothing will change. They'll continue to spend time together. They are in a group, for God's sake. Perrie tried to take a step, but her hand was still glued to the door and her foot on the floor. Her heart beating so fast, she started to feel faint. Of course things will change. When people get married, there's like a switch that goes off. Priorities shift and that's how it was supposed to be. Perrie felt her heart tighten as she realized that Jade will no longer be her Jade. It's always going to be Jed this and Jed that. When they were dating, she didn't really think about it that much since Jade and Jed were mostly apart. But now, it's going to be different. Suddenly Perrie didn't feel like celebrating anymore.

Jade's House

"Where's Pez?" Jade asked for what felt like the hundredth time.

"She said she was feeling sick. Told us she'd rest up tonight so that she's good to go tomorrow," Leigh‑Anne said before taking another sip of tea.

"She should be here," Jade said with a pout.

"She should be there tomorrow when you walk down the aisle, babe" Jesy said as she placed her arms around Jade. "It's going to be fine."

"But tonight is about us before I... you know."

Jesy looked at her friend and bandmate closely. Ever since she heard that Perrie wasn't going to come, Jade had been sporting a frown and seems out of it. She seemed a little too affected by the absence of their friend. Jesy was always a little suspicious at those two. Their looks seems to linger a little too long and were more touchy-feely with each other. Jade had opened to her and Leigh-Anne a few years back. She knew that Jade had some feelings for Perrie but Perrie was oblivious. Oblivious of Jade's feelings and her own. But it has been a while since she last saw something with those two and Perrie was one of Jade's bestfriends. Jesy would have probably felt the same way if she didn't come. So shaking her head and laughing a bit inside at her own absurdity, she led Jade at the tastefully decorated tea and biscuit table. "Come on, get one of your favorites. It'll make you feel good. And then after that, we'll have some games that Perrie prepared. She'd be disappointed if we don't play them. Okay?"

Jade looked like she was about to cry but she forced a smile and nodded.

"That's better, love." Jesy said as she took one of the biscuits and handed it to Jade. "Eat up."

Perrie's House

It was nearly three in the morning and Perry was still going at it with the drinks. She was so drunk that it took her a solid five minutes to get to her front door when the doorbell rang. It didn't even cross her mind that no sensible person will visit at this time. When she opened the door, she nearly dropped her drink. Standing outside was Jade, brows furrowed together, scowling at her.

"Baba!" Perrie pulled Jade into a tight hug, forgetting the drink in her hand and splashing half its content on Jade.

"You're not sick," Jade angrily said as she wiggled out of Perrie's embrace. She stepped inside and saw bottles all over the living room. "What are you doing?"