3//Pinky Promise

When the call came in, Hitoshi and {Y/n} ran to the hospital as quickly as possible. Breathless, they got the room number and pushed themselves to continue running to Shouta's hospital room. Tears welled up in {Y/n}'s eyes as Hitoshi grabbed her and embraced her tightly. She sobbed into his hoodie.

"Stop crying." Aizawa's raspy voice made {Y/n} whip her head to him. They got closer to the bed and {Y/n} wiped away the hot tears.

"Dad..." Hitoshi started.

"I'm fine, kid. Don't worry about me." He mumbled through his bandages.

"We came as soon as we got the phone call." Hitoshi spoke softly.

"I told her to tell you not to come. Now go back home... You have school tomorrow." Aizawa demanded.

{Y/n} looked down at the small bag in her hand. It was a leftover cookie from the other day. She set it on the table next to the hospital bed. Hitoshi and {Y/n} reluctantly left the hospital room, glancing back before they shut the door.

"He'll be released later tonight." A nurse gave them a sympathetic smile before continuing to work.

Hitoshi and {Y/n} exchanged glances before making their way out of the hospital. The evening air made {Y/n} shiver. Hitoshi already had his hoodie on, but she didn't grab one. Hitoshi glanced down at the girl and let out an inaudible huff before pulling off his black hoodie and tossing it to the girl. She muttered out a 'thank you' as she pulled it over her head. Hitoshi stopped and looked at her, being confused, she stopped too.

The hoodie almost reached her knees, and her hair fell just right. The sunset made her glow as her warm {e/c} eyes stared back at him. He found himself blushing. Hitoshi immediately turned away.

"Toshi?" {Y/n} asked, reaching for his arm.

"Hm?" He hummed as he continued to walk.

"Are you okay?" {Y/n} furrowed her eyebrows in curiosity.

"Yeah, keep the hoodie... you look good in it." He commented.

"T-thank you." {Y/n} stuttered out, feeling her cheeks heat up again.

{Y/n}'s eyes drifted down his arm. Scars covered his forearms. Some looked fresh, others look old. Her breath was caught in her throat. She snatched his wrist with wide eyes.

"Hitoshi!" Her throat began to burn.

Hitoshi only looked down at her with sad, tired eyes.

"We all have our own escapes, {Y/n}..." Hitoshi gently pulled his arm away from her grasp.

"You can talk to me, Toshi... I'm here for you..." {Y/n} choked out.

"You only say that to make me feel better." Hitoshi looked at the ground.

"I'm being serious! I'll be here for you as long as you promise to stay by my side. I don't want to be alone anymore... I don't think you want to be alone either..." {Y/n}'s voice was barely above a whisper.

Hitoshi bit his lip and looked down at the girl. She's been through a lot, he knew that, he should be grateful that he has a parent you takes care of him.

"I promise-" Hitoshi started.

"I promise to stay by your side... as long as you stay by mine." He spoke, while looking down at her.

{Y/n} held out her pinky. Hitoshi gave a small smile before wrapping his pinky around hers.

"I pinky promise to be by your side too, Toshi." {Y/n} smiled before wrapping her arms tightly around him, her head resting on his chest while yawning. Hitoshi returned the hug.

"Let's get you home..." Hitoshi whispered before picking up the tired girl.

Her legs wrapped around his waist, and one of her arms around his neck with the other hand gripping his shirt. Her head rested on his shoulder and after a few moments, her tired eyes fluttered shut while listening to the purple haired boys heart beat.

He carried her home and laid her on her bed. He gently pulled off her shoes and brushed her hair out of her face. Her hand grabbed his and tugged on it.

"Stay with me?" She mumbled tiredly before another yawn escaped between her lips.

"Sure, Kitten..." Hitoshimumbled with a small smile accompanied by a blush. He took off his shoes and crawled onto the bed beside her. She snuggled into his chest and his arms wrapped around her.

They appreciated each other's warmth and presence. Hitoshi felt calm while he watched the sleeping girl breathe. He smiled to himself before his own tired eyes fluttered shut, and for the first time in over a week, he got over three hours of sleep.