Prologue

A 15 year old girl sat across from her father at a small table. The dim light caused half of their bodies to be shadowed over. A twisting feeling in {Y/n}'s stomach warned her about what's yet to come.

"What school do you want to attend?" Tomura asked as he scratch his neck.

"Before you answer... don't lie to me." His raspy voice only worsened her anxiousness.

"U.A." Her voice was barely above a whisper.

"After fifteen years of raising you, you want to be a damn hero?!" Tomura stood up, screaming at her.

"All you care about is having your face on the news anyway!" {Y/n} stood up, yelling back at him.

{Y/n}'s angered expression turned to one of panic when her father drew back to hit her. She panicked and made eye contact with him. She swallowed the lump in her throat and stepped back before activating her quirk. Her {e/c} orbs swelled with tears as her father dropped to his knees, paralyzed in pain. She had two minutes. Thoughts raced through her head as she ran to her room and pack her things, including her new uniform and acceptance letter to U.A. High. She threw on her shoes on and grabbed her bag before booking it out the door and down the street.

"{Y/N}!!!"

The faint sound of her name being yelled into the atmosphere pushed her to run further. She kept running until her legs ached and her feet screamed for her to sit down. Tears poured down her face. She sobbed out loud as the bottom of the clouds broke, drenching her. She shivered as the cold rain soaked her clothes.

"What are you doing out here in the rain?" A man jogged up to her and held his umbrella over her.

His tired eyes had a glint of worry in them. When the girl didn't respond, he picked her up and carried her to his car down the street. He must have been at the drugstore at the corner of the block. He set her in the passenger seat and closed the door. He walked over to the driver's door and got in. He looked at the soaked girl beside him. A crumpled paper was in her tight grasp and her glistening eyes were glued to it. His hand reached over for it.

"{Y/n}? That's you?" He asked in a soft voice.

The sniffling girl nodded.

"You're going to U.A. High starting next week?" He asked as he read over the paper.

She nodded again.

"I'm Shouta Aizawa, Class 1-A homeroom teacher. My son is in Class 1-C too, you can stay at my house for the time being... Does that sound alright?" He asked as he handed the paper back to her.

"It only had your first name... what's your family name?" Aizawa asked as he started the car.

Before he pulled off, she croaked out her family name: "Shigaraki". He was quiet. He knew very well who Tomura Shigaraki was.

"You're safe now... I'll protect you." Aizawa whispered as he pulled back onto the road and drove to his home.

The ride was filled with a comfortable silence. {Y/n} stared out the window. Her eyes grew tired, but she jolted awake when the car stopped.

"{Y/n}, we're here." Aizawa grabbed her shoulder.

{Y/n} quietly got out of the car and grabbed her bag. She followed Aizawa to the front door. She stood in silence as he knocked on the door. After a few moments, the door opened, revealing a tall, purple-haired boy with tired eyes that matched Aizawa's

"{Y/n}, this is my son Hitoshi, Hitoshi, this is {Y/n}. You two should get to know each other, you'll be living together from now on and also attending the same class at U.A." Aizawa spoke tiredly as he walked in, letting the {h/c} haired girl in. Hitoshi only stared at her.

"You picked a girl up off the side of the road?" Hitoshi asked bluntly.

"She was drenched, crying, and alone at night. Did you expect me to leave a helpless girl in a pitiful state like that?" Aizawa asked in the same tone.

"You have a quirk, right? You can't be that helpless." Hitoshi scoffed.

"Yes, I have a quirk..." {Y/n} spoke softly.

"What is it?" Hitoshi asked, crossing his arms at the girl.

{Y/n} didn't like his attitude.

"Do you want me to demonstrate?" {Y/n} sassily stated.

"Be my guest." Hitoshi spat.

"No-" Aizawa started.

"It's not messy, Mr. Aizawa. I'm not going to cause any damage." {Y/n} promised.

Aizawa pressed his lips together in anticipation.

"Fine..."

{Y/n} locked eyes with Hitoshi. Hitoshi waited. He choked on a scream as he fell to his knees in horrible pain. He let out strained sounds of discomfort. He gasped for air when she deactivated her quirk.

"My quirk is Paralysis. What's yours?" {Y/n} stated with a victorious grin.

Hitoshi glared at her and Aizawa stared at her in amazement.

"Do you want me to demonstrate?" Hitoshi growled, mimicking the way she asked him.

"Yes, please." {Y/n}'s smile remained.

Hitoshi groaned and hung his head low.

"Seriously, Dad?"

Aizawa's eyes were locked on Hitoshi, his hair defying gravity.

"Yes, Hitoshi. Just tell her." Aizawa deactivated his quirk.

"Brainwash." Hitoshi said, now sitting on the floor.

"That's pretty cool. Your dad's Eraserhead too!" {Y/n} grinned.

"Whatever you say." Hitoshi groaned again.

"This'll be interesting... your dad's a pro, my dad's a villain, and we both have a quirk that's considered villainous..."