• I am Hawk Moth / Guardian •

I have two short-ish chapters here, so I combined them into one.
There will probably be one more part after this before my story concludes. Then I will work on Book 1.
Also Happy late Thanksgiving everyone!!!
Hope you enjoy these two chapters!

• I am Hawk Moth •

The bell rang. School was over for the day.

"Can you come over today, Marinette?" Alya asked her best friend as they exited the building together. "We're hanging out at Luka's place, especially 'cause of the upcoming concert for Kitty Section!"

Marinette groaned. Alya stopped walking, disappointment on her face.

"C'mon, girl, you didn't forget, did you?" Alya asked.

"I uhhh... told my mom that I'd.. help her clean the bathroom today after school!" Marinette lied. "I'm so sorry, I'll come if I have time afterward."

Alya just smiled at her friend. "You need to get your life together, girl," she chuckled. Marinette laughed in response as Alya patted her on the back. They continued walking.

Behind the girls came Adrien and Nino.

"Hey, you comin' to Luka's place today?" Nino asked.

"Ah! I'm sorry, my dad wants me to be home early today," Adrien replied.

"Dude! You're the pianist, you need to be there!"

"I'll be there at a future practice, I promise! Maybe I'll even be able to get there later, if my dad lets me go out." Adrien felt kind of bad, blaming his dad for something he didn't really do, but again, he doesn't really do anything about his son anyway.

"Aw man, well hopefully I see you later!" Nino waved to Adrien as he got in his car. Adrien waved back as he drove away.
He was surprised to see his father in the driver's seat instead of his bodyguard, Gorilla.

"Father?" Adrien couldn't believe it. His father really came to pick him up?

"Yes, Adrien?" Gabriel replied, cold and stern as always.

"Why are you picking me up today? Are we going somewhere?"

"I... wanted to talk to you." Gabriel looked at his son through the rearview mirror as he began driving away from the school.

Those words scared Adrien, especially with a secret as big as his own. "About... what?"

"Ever since Em— your mother— disappeared... I understand that I've been distant."

Adrien's eyes widened. Was this an apology?

"You know that I love her very much and I would do anything to have her back, but know that I love you so very much as well. I can't lose you." Gabriel kept his eyes on the road, glancing up at his son in the mirror every few seconds.
"I would do anything to have our family be reunited, as a whole." And that's what I've been working for these past few months... he thought. Why I've been so distant...

There were a few seconds of silence.
"Me too, but it's impossible, isn't it?" Adrien spoke. Tears were in his eyes at the thought of the three of them, together again, happy.
What if I got Ladybug's Miraculous... Adrien shooed the thought out of his head. No, no. That's a terrible idea. He couldn't possibly...

"No, it's not impossible." Gabriel slowed the car and parked in the parking lot of a gas station, still facing forward and avoiding eye contact with the mirror.

Adrien gave him a strange look through the mirror. "What do you mean?"

Gabriel cleared his throat. "Nothing is impossible, son. Nothing." He swallowed and looked into the mirror again. "I'm telling you this because..." I am Hawk Moth, and I am this close to bringing your mother back...