• Proven •

Marc Anciel was falling. Ladybug and Cat Noir were trapped in a box of ice. Luciole desperately looked up at the boy plummeting toward him quickly. He had to do something about it now, but he wasn't sure if it would work.

On his command, the fireflies left Luciole's side and surrounded Marc in midair. Luciole prayed they'd be strong enough to hold someone and he focused as hard as he could to keep the fireflies in formation.

Sure enough, Marc stopped falling. He found himself on a bed of soft light, holding him up. It was so warm and it felt really nice, since his body was numb after being in that ice cube for so long.

Luciole sighed a breath of relief. It worked! He had actually saved someone! He felt proud of himself. The fireflies holding Marc descended the rest of the way gently and placed him on the ground beside him.

Marc was a little disoriented once he got back on his feet, and when he recollected himself he found himself looking up at a new superhero.
"Wh- who're you?" he stuttered.

Nathaniel paused, reminding himself that his identity must remain secret if he wants to be a superhero. "I am Luciole," he said. He felt like Marc could see right through the mask, and he put on the best smile he could.

"Are you a new superhero?" Marc's eyes widened. He was lucky enough to be one of the first to meet him!

Luciole nodded. "You need to get out of here, we will handle this," he said, feeling cool.

"Where's Ladybug and Cat Noir?"

"They're stuck in that box, I need to help them, you need to go." Luciole started leading him to the rooftop door.

Marc finally obeyed and ran to the door. "Thank you, Luciole!" He waved before disappearing.

Luciole smiled, feeling good about himself. Then he thought for a moment to come up with a plan to save Ladybug and Cat Noir, panicking a little. How was he supposed to take on this bad guy on his own? Suddenly, his ring beeped, and one of the five golden spots on the dark gem disappeared. It had been a whole minute since he'd used his Starry Night. He ducked behind a nearby chimney to formulate a plan.

Iceolator was so happy about her accomplishment, she completely forgot about Luciole and her children. She was uncontrollably and unnaturally giddy. Hawk Moth spoke to her.

"Iceolator, focus!" he said.

"I've got them both, Iceolator! Finally! Ladybug is over!" she cheered.

"Calm down, the battle isn't over yet!"

"I've got Ladybug, I hate Ladybug. That's all that matters, and you can have your Miraculous for whatever!"

"Iceolator, calm down!" Hawk Moth yelled. "Ladybug's new friend is still out there!"

Iceolator groaned. "I forgot, but he'll be easy to take care of," she said.

"Don't underestimate anyone," Hawk Moth growled in reply, upset at her sudden stubbornness.

"I already used my Cataclysm to free the girl..." Cat Noir told Ladybug, both still trapped in the ice cube. "You could close your eyes and I could detransform to recharge, then let us get out of here," he suggested.

"No, Iceolator can recall the ice block at any moment, it's too risky," Ladybug said. "If you hadn't blindly come for me, we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place!" she scolded.

"I couldn't just leave you, we're a team!" He sat beside her and put his arm around her, resting his head on her shoulder jokingly (but also lowkey not).