• Art Mistress •

Picture from cover: Ladybug

This is Book 2 in my Miraculous Story series! Make sure you read Book 1: Verity Queen, before reading this one!

[ Tuesday afternoon, after school at Françoise Dupont ]

"I am Art Mistress! All art is made to be admired, not ridiculed!"

All of the people in the Art Room had their eyes on the newly akumatized student, standing in the doorway.

Art Mistress wore all black, with colored spots all over her outfit. She also had a white apron covered in colorful paint splashes. Her hair was smooth, long, and pink. She pointed her paintbrush gun around as she stepped into the Art Room. Her eyes fell on Lila Rossi.

"There you are, Lila," she snarled as she moved her gun to point at her. Lila yelped and dove under the desk that Nathaniel and Marc has been working at. Art Mistress' aim followed her.

Nathaniel quickly stood and started to pull Marc away from the line of fire.

"No," Marc resisted his partner's grip on his wrist. "The book!" he cried as he reached for their fourth edition of their Ladybug comic. They were almost done with it, they couldn't lose it now.

"Marc-" Nathaniel began, but Art Mistress pulled the trigger. A glob of magenta paint flew from the weaponized paintbrush, and Nathaniel moved quickly to get Marc out of the way while trying to sweep the work they had off the table and away from harm. The paintball exploded on contact with the desk, covering its surface and everything touching it.

Nathaniel found his hand stuck under the thick paint with the consistency of glue. He wasn't able to save the book and found that he couldn't move his hand out of the paint, but he had succeeded in saving Marc.

"Nathaniel!" Marc tried helping him pull his hand out of the substance, but it was almost impossible. It was just stuck.
Art Mistress cursed her bad aim and made sure to point her gun a little lower. "Lila, you need to learn your lesson!"

Lila scrambled out from under the table to quickly find shelter somewhere else, narrowly avoiding many shots from the akumatized villain. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it, I swear!" she cried. "Ladybug, where are you?"

Right on cue, Ladybug and Cat Noir leaped into the Art Room. Ladybug cast her yo-yo at the hand holding the paintbrush gun and pulled it away from Lila, toward them.
Surprised, Art Mistress pulled the trigger, firing a ball of blue paint at the heroes. Both of them ducked, narrowly avoiding it and watch as it bursts into a sticky goo on the wall behind them.

"Well, that could've been a sticky situation," Cat said, smirking at Ladybug.

She rolled her eyes.

"Their Miraculous, grab them!" Hawk Moth ordered Art Mistress through telepathy. A purple butterfly mask appeared in front of her face when he spoke.

Art Mistress lunged forward at the pair, all while firing away. Ladybug and Cat Noir dodged the paint.

"The akuma has gotta be in that paintbrush gun!" Ladybug shouted to her partner.

"I was thinking that too," Cat replied.

"Don't get hit, whatever you do! It's sticky, and that makes you an easy target for her to take your Miraculous!" Ladybug warned.

Marc and Nathaniel continued trying to pull Nathaniel's arm out of the thick paint as Ladybug, Cat Noir, and Art Mistress battled in the front of the room.

Finally, with a strong pull, Nathaniel's hand came free. He fell over backwards, knocking Marc down as well.

"Ah! Marc, I'm sorry!" He quickly apologized.

"It's fine, let's go!"

The two of them got to their feet, but ducked immediately as a paintball flew right over their head. The room was getting covered in blotches of the thick substance.

"Stay low, and get to the door," Nathaniel instructed.
Marc nodded as they began crawling under the desks to reach the door.

Just as they were about to get out, a big blot of paint exploded all over the doorway. The exit was blocked.

"Go back!" Marc stuttered. The two scrambled to the corner where Lila was taking refuge behind a desk under the window.

"Marc? Nathaniel? Are you guys okay?" Lila put on her fake act again. "You can hide here with me, I'm really scared..."

Marc and Nathaniel thankfully accepted her offer, crawling behind the table propped on its side.

By now, someone had called the authorities, and a helicopter had already arrived at the scene. It hovered beside the school.

"I'm Nadja Chamack, coming to you live from Françoise Dupont High School!" Nadja reported from the helicopter. "Hawk Moth has struck again, akumatizing a member of the school's Art Club into Art Mistress! Ladybug and Cat Noir are already on the scene."

The camera zoomed in to get a better view of the fight through the window. Ladybug and Cat Noir leapt around the room, avoiding all of Art Mistress' attacks, although it was getting more and more difficult finding dry places to step on.

A blot of paint suddenly hit the window, covering it completely. The cameraman resorted to the only other window, where Nathaniel, Marc, and Lila could he seen watching the fight unfold.

"It looks like three other students are trapped in the room with them! Will Ladybug be able to pull it off?"

Across the city, Susanna and Marcus Anciel watched the news in fear for Marc, their son.

////
This is my first book! It won't be doing anything exceptional, just wanted to put the idea for a new Miraculous down on paper. Or- in a story, at least. Hope you enjoy reading, I will update often! If you enjoy. I would really appreciate votes as well!
Thanks for reading!
////