Part 33

Apparently, we are heading to the mall to "hang out." Yep. Sounds legit. Hanging out with two strangers. I feel like the third wheel the entire time. Tara and Tarit do also these cutesy lovey dovey things the entire time and I just awkwardly walk behind them. Is this how me and Aakil look like? Nah, this stuff is too cliché. But, swinging the rain? Now, that's romantic. 

Anyway, if they didn't want me here, why did they forcefully drag me along? I would like think it is the duty of some guardian angel trying to console me, but I am just getting bored right now. I wonder how long it will take for Aakil to get his memories back. What if he never gets his memories back? I hope it doesn't come to that. 

The day started to come to and end and Tara and Tarit were following me back to the hospital. I don't know why they are even trying. It's not like they are obliged to protect me or anything. I walk into the hospital and see Drika and Jay there. I hear Tara behind me scream and go hug Drika. I feel a wave of annoyance go through me. Just who are these people? They even know Drika and Jay. 

Drika, on the other hand, tries to cringe away from Tara's seemingly bone-crushing hug. Tarit goes to Jay and picks him up. The poor kid struggles away from his grip, but Tarit pretends to act like an older brother to him. Too bad Jay already has an older brother, even if his brother doesn't remember him. 

After the little reunion, we head to Aakil's hospital room to see him. I don't doubt that Tara and Tarit know Aakil. Aakil is the king of the woods. Wait a second, are they even human? I don't know at this point. But, based on the way they treat each other like mates, I believe that they may be inhuman. 

We head on inside and I see Aakil still lying in bed. Honestly so lazy...probably didn't even bother to get up. When walk in, Aakil glances at us disinterested. I feel a twinge of pain in my heart, but I ignore it. If I try to force myself upon him, he might hate me even more. It's best to let him regain his memories slowly. With a deep breath, I walk inside the room. 

Aakil POV 

I see everyone walk in. Drika, Jay, Tarit, Tara. And her. Kaaya. I feel like he more special to me than the others. I still don't get how. For some reason, I am happy that I lost my memories. That way, I can protect the others from Rehan, that b*astard King of Souls. I believe that Rehan wants to take King of the Woods title away from me. Like King of Souls wasn't enough for him. 

My mind drifts back to the hospital room where everyone continues to look at me, especially one pair of burning eyes searing into me. I continue to maintain my disinterested look, whereas I actually want to try getting my memories as soon as possible. It feels really strange to miss something you don't remember. 

I look around the faces peering at me questionably. I meet Tarit and Tara's eyes. Surprisingly, even though I didn't get most of my memories, I remember who they are. They are friends of mine. I also kinda remember Drika and Jay as my family. I know they have important places in my heart, but I am still confused as to how much place in my heart they hold. Kaaya, I have absolutely no memory of. I try to remember who she was and how she was important me, but I come up with nothing. It seems like before I lost my memories, the people whom I cared more for, I remember less. Kaaya must have been very important to me for me to have no memory of her whatsoever. 

"Aakil. How are you?" I hear Kaaya's voice and look up at her, maintaining a cool expression. 

"Fine." I reply back sharply. I see her sad smile drop for a moment before returning. I know I am hurting her, but I still don't know how she is important to me. Additionally, if Rehan finds out that she is important to me in any way, God knows what he is going to do. He might kill her. With that thought in mind, I turn to the window and look outside, ignoring her and everyone else in the room.