Part 31

I am still stuck in the hospital because of my "grave" injuries. To be honest, I think that kind nurse from earlier purposely made my injuries sound worse than they actually are so I could be with Aakil longer. I can walk now! So it's not even that big of a deal anyway. On the other hand, Aakil has to stay at the hospital until he regains his memories back. At I suddenly feel wave of guilt roll through me..I didn't even know the nurse's name. Ok, for now, I will just call her the butterfly nurse because she a butterfly hybrid. 

Wait a second, did Aakil remember Drika and Jay? If he remembered them, they can help him remember me! I dash as quick as I could (on my wheelchair of course) to Aakil's room. When I get there, I see him lying there with a magazine. I smile softly as his concentrated face. Unfortunately, he senses seconds after I walk in the room and his concentrated face is now gone and is replaced disgust and hatred. I wince at the intensity of his gaze. 

"Aakil. Do you remember the little boy and the girl around age who came a few days ago?" I ask him, carefully. 

"What the f*ck gives you the right to talk about my brother and sister in that way? And why f*ck are you still here b*tch?? I told you that you piss me off. Get a life and stop bothering me." He says harshly. I try not to wince and keep my face emotionless. 

I think about what to say without make him angrier. I still don't even know why he's angry. I think about his internal monster, Aniket. Maybe Aniket remembers me? I start to feel hope bubbling inside of me, but I try to keep it down in case Aniket doesn't remember me. 

"Aakil, can I talk to Aniket please?" I ask him desperately. My heart sinks when he looks at him as if I am crazy. 

"You crazy b*tch! I am already stressed out because of my freaking accident and now you keep coming up to me with this bullsh*t. Leave me alone." He says the last part quietly. I could feel my eyes well up with tears. What does one do when they are about to lose hope? 

I decide to take a walk outside to calm myself. The world hate me or something? What did I do wrong? I don't watch where I am going and I bump into a guy. He looks like he's about to curse out at me, but his face softens when he's sees my watery eyes. 

He clears his throat. "Watch where you're going." He says in a somewhat nice tone? 

"I am so sorry. I am just out of it today." I tell him honestly. 

"Well. Maybe instead of just sulking around, you do something that cheers you up!" He practically yells at me. His words are sincere, but the way he says them makes me want to curl up inside of myself. I flinch at his tone and am about to turn away when he yells at me again.

"God*mmit! Follow me!" With those words, he grabs my wrist and tries to lead me away. I don't move. He glares at me in annoyance. 

I furrow my brows. "Um. Excuse me. I don't know who you are, but I don't think you have any right telling me where to go. Maybe you're some kinda psycho killer or something..." I think about ex-boyfriend when he fought with Aakil and the creepy king dude. Yep I had my fair share of psycho guys already. 

"Whatever. Tarit." He glares at me once again as he says it. I am confused for a second until a realize that he just told me his name. I laugh internally as I realize it sounds like carrot. Then I try not to laugh out loud at my immatureness. When I recompose myself mentally, I sigh. Oh well. I haven't been around other much other Aakil, Drika, and Jay for a while now. Might as well make some new friends. 

"I am Kaaya." I tell him. He just looks at me like I am some sort of bug and grabs my hand and leads me God knows where. I should really know better than to trust strangers, but I this point, I am thinking what is the worst thing this popsicle stick of a  guy can do? 

After a few minutes of walking, we are apparently heading to the center of Woodstown. Wow, I feel like a savage who has abandoned society is coming back to it after living in the woods for years. Don't get me wrong, it was fun living in the woods with the creatures and all...creatures! Is this town full of creatures too? Was this Tarit guy some weird hybrid creature too? 

Tarit caught me staring at him and he glares at me. "What the hell are you looking at me for? And would it kill you to smile a bit? Seriously, you're always sulking and looking around suspiciously! " He asks rudely once again. I kinda got used to it by now. He normal tone is rude. And what the hell is he talking about? Himself? 

"Um. Dude. You barely smile yourself. And you act like an a**whole most of the time, so I don't know who you're talking about." I reply back with equal sass. D*mn the nerve of this guy. I am already pissed about the Aakil lost memories situation and this random guy just drags out and starts shooting arrows at me. 

He is about to retort back with something more colorful words based off the rage I see in his eyes, but our little argument is interrupt by a shrill voice. 

"TAARRRIIIITTT!!!" I see a girl wearing sweats and a tank heading for us. Ok, I like it. Nice and casual style. I slowly inch away from Tarit as the girl jumps on top of him. He attempts to get her off of him, but I could see him smile slowly at her overly affectionate behavior. She takes his arm and tries to pull him away, but he gestures to me with a grimace. I feel like the awkward third wheel. None of them seem overjoyed to have me here.

Hey! But, Tarit was the one who dragged me here! None of them say anything so I decide to start up the conversation. "Hi. I am Kaaya. It's nice to meet you." I try to sound friendly and resist the urge to scratch my neck awkwardly. 

"Tara. Now, why the hell were you with my boyfriend?" She says sharply. Ok got it. She is one of those types. Tarit pulls at her arm and she looks at him. They exchange some sort of glance and then she seemed to realize something. She then forcefully smiles and asks me if I want to hang out with them. I am about to refuse when she starts talking about different stores and restaurants and they each grab my wrists and we start heading God knows where. 

 I sigh and realize that this is probably how my day is going to go. At least I can get my mind off of Aakil for some time. 

___________________

Sorry for the late update. I couldn't think of any ideas earlier.