Part 10

"Aakil!" She shouts. Oh no, she's going to be like one of the mean girls in my TV shows. I am dead because she probably like Aakil.

 "I should probably go..." I say quietly. "Wait a second! Who are you?" The girl asks me loudly. 

"She is my mate, Kaaya." Aakil says proudly. 

"Oh. Hi! I am Aakil's sister, Drika." Ooh....now that I look at them. 

Drika looks like a female version of Aakil. "Hi." I say softly. 

"Finally, you bring me a girl to talk to. I am just stuck with two annoying brothers, one older and one younger. We are now best friends." Drika takes my wrist and tries to drag me away, but Aakil takes my other wrist. 

"Drika, where are you taking my mate?!" Aakil says possessively. She rolls her eyes and looks at me.

 "The males in our species are very possessive. And since yours is the king, its freaking worse for you. I am so sorry for you. And to your mate, I say that I am going to get her ready for the ball." Aakil's eyes just darken, but he lets go me and I get ready for a makeover.

"I don't think any amount of makeup will make me pretty.." I tell Drika. 

"Shh! If Aakil hears you, he might kill me because he can't kill you!" My eyes widen. Aakil is so...extra. A few (painful) hours later, I look into a mirror. I look so weird. I am wearing a black dress that up till my tights with long netted sleeves and netted tights. I am also wearing black sandal heels. Drika just looks at me with her mouth agape. 

(Picture of Dress & Shoes) 

"Girl, if I were a guy and didn't have a mate, I would be all over you now! Crap! Your natural beauty plus all of this made you too hot! Aakil might not stop looking you now!!" I gulp

 Was she for real? Drika then chuckles, but then gets a serious face which shows that she is not kidding. Oh no, I hate having too much attention. Is it too late to go now?

I start to sneak out before the party starts. Someone grabs my hand and I gulp and pray it's not Aakil. I turn around and its Jay looking at me adoringly. 

"Kaaya! You're so beautiful! Why can't I have you as my mate?! Instead you're with my stupid brother?" I laugh and pet his hair. 

"Jay, you look so handsome yourself. Save me a dance?" Jay face brightens and nods eagerly. He then runs away to brag to his friends. I walk in the party hall and suddenly everyone's eyes turn toward me. But, I can feel one pair of eyes burning holes into me. I gulp and walk toward them.