***

"How long do we have to wait?" She asked.

I grab the instructions, looking them over. "Five minutes."

She nods and takes a seat on the edge of the tub. We both sit quietly as we wait for the results.

When she said she bought one, I thought that she bought just one. Nope, she bought a five-pack and used them all.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be sure.

"Has it been five minutes yet?" She asked nervously.

I glance at the time on my phone and nod my head.

"Will you look for me? I...I can't bring myself to look."

Poor girl!

"Yeah, I'll look," I tell her, pushing myself off the door.

When my eyes land on the tests, I about hit the floor. Each one of them is positive. I can't tell her. When I don't say anything, Ally jumps up and grabs one of the tests from the sink. She covers her mouth with her hand and begins to cry.

I pull her into a tight hug. "I'm here, Ally. I'm not going anywhere." She buries her head into my chest. I can feel my own tears prickling in my eyes.

"What am I going to do?" She whispers. "You know I can't get rid of it." This I know. We have spent countless nights talking about how neither one of us could ever abort or give up our child. Accident or not.

"Let's not talk about it right now, okay? Let's get you into bed."

She nods and lets me guide her to my room. Both of us slide into bed, pulling the covers over us. She snuggles into my chest and I wrap my arms around her. The sound of her sobs breaks my heart. I couldn't imagine what she was going through.

After a while, her sobs stopped and I knew she must have fallen asleep. Poor girl.

I don't bother to move and place my cheek on her head, closing my eyes, and drifting off myself.

The sound of someone crying wakes me from my sleep. I looked at where Ally had fallen asleep earlier and noticed she wasn't there. I glance at the clock on my nightstand, 4:15 am, and push myself out of bed.

I follow her cries to the bathroom and push the door open. She is sitting on the bathroom floor with her knees pulled up to her chest and her head resting on her knees. I wonder how long she's been like this?

"Oh...Ally," I say softly, taking a seat next to her. I lean my head on her shoulder and listen to her sobs.

"I'm scared," she says.

"I know."

"How am I going to raise a kid on my own?"

I take hold of one of her hands, "You're not alone, I'm here." I wouldn't let her do this on her own.

"What if I fail as a parent?"

"I won't let you," I tell her. I will always be here to keep her on the right track.

"How did I get so lucky to have you as a friend?"

"I don't know...but I'm glad to have you."

She finally raises her head from her knees and turns to look at me. She has a shit ton of hair stuck to her face and I have to fight the urge to laugh.

I brush all her hair from her face, "Oh— there you are Peter."

A smirk tugs at the corner of her mouth, "Did you...did you just reference, Pockets from the movie Hook?"

She loves the movie just as much as I do. So it doesn't surprise me that she caught it.

"I did."

She chuckles and nudges my shoulder, "You're an idiot."

"Only when I'm around you," I laugh.

"So that makes you my idiot?"

"For as long as you will have me," I vow to her.

We both sit quietly for a few minutes until my ass and back start to hurt. I don't know how she sat like this for as long as she did.

"Are you hungry?" I ask, pushing myself up from the floor. "I can whip us up something to eat real fast."

She yawns, "No, I think I'm going to lay down and try and get some sleep."

I extend my hand out for her to take and help her to her feet. She walks into my room and climbs into bed.

"I don't have to be at work until, 8:00 am. If you need anything just yell," I tell her shutting the light off.

"Fallon," she calls as I begin to walk away and I stop. "Thank you. You're a really good friend and I love you."

I smile at her words. "I love you too."

***

I'm running around my apartment like a chicken with its head cut off. I can't believe I fell back to sleep.

I called Ray the second I woke up and explained to him what happened and that I just woke up. He said it was no big deal and that he would be here soon to pick me up. I would definitely be up the shit crick if I didn't have Ray as a boss.

I quickly write a note for Ally, telling her to call me if she needs anything, and place it on the kitchen table. She'll find it when she sits down to eat the breakfast that I left for her in the microwave.

I hear a beep from outside, knowing it was Ray, and grab my purse from the counter before heading out the door.

Sorry for the short chapter. I hope you still enjoyed it.