Chapter Sixteen

I lied the other day. I've made the decision that while I'm on hiatus for my main account, I will work on this one to ensure it doesn't get neglected anymore than it has to.

Hoping to finish up Stormberry's Secret real soon so I can get started on my other works so get excited lol

Also please excuse any unrealistic descriptions. I did revamp some cats appearances but they still don't make much sense (or at least that's what I think)

It was a bit difficult to keep up with Prissy as she navigated all the twists and turns of the Twoleg place but eventually, they found the half-bridge and with a tilt of her head, the two medicine cats and warriors of Burrowclan followed her in the huge, round and wooden ship. A she-cat was there to greet them, a brown spotted cat with an eye patch, pirate hat and a spiked kittypet collar.

"Hi Prissy! So these are the cats I'm escorting today?" The others nod wordlessly, unsure by what she means.
"Yes, these are clan cats from Burrowclan: Stormberry, Mistyblue, Alderflame and Tabbyheart."
"Oh lovely! I've never had clam cats before on my ship. Welcome aboard everybody! I'm Jin and this Nessy's Sailing Ship." The she-cat explains.
"Nice to meet you, Jin." Stormberry replies, trying to be polite.

Prissy beams and then turns back to Jin.
"Well, now that you all know each other, I will leave you to it!"
"See you, Prissy!" Prissy leaps off the edge onto the half-bridge and unbeknownst to anyone, Tigertail jumps into a window on the ship as Prissy exits...

***

Jin guides the clan cats around the ship and stops at what she calls "the captain's quarters" where another she-cat is present. Her face and muzzle are half-white/half-black face while her body is grey and she has a black and white striped tail with blue eyes. A white kit clings to her side. The she-cat notices Jin immediately and purrs.
"Hi sweetie."
"Hello." Jin says, nuzzling into her companion. She steps back to say,
"Stowaway, I'd like to meet the clan cats: Stormberry, Mistyblue, Tabbyheart and Alderflame. Everyone, this is Stowaway, my mate and this little one here," she uses her tail to guide the kit closer to her, "is our kitten, Sparkle."

Sparkle looks between the cats, coming out into the light that hits a bay window above them, revealing that her fur is covered with specks of glitter. She looks between the cats in wonder and curiosity.
"Mama, why do they have funny names?"
"They're clan cats, Sparkle. They live in forests and hunt for their own food." Jin explains and Sparkle stares at them in confusion.
"Why would you want to do that? Don't your owners have food?"
"We don't have owners, we hunt for ourselves and our clan." Tabbyheart explains and Sparkle's eyes widen.
"Mama, can I be a clan cat?" Jin putts affectionately at her daughter and pads over, though Stowaway looks more concern.
"Well, I don't know, Sparkle. Wouldn't you miss us?" Sparkle looks disappointed at that answer.
"I don't see what harm there could be in sending her away." A tom says, as he reveals himself from the door. He's white all over with a speckle of white on his fluffy tail. Jin narrows her grey eye at him.

"Claw...I wasn't expecting you to come to my owner's quarters." The tom, Claw, seems to ignore her as he sniffs the outsiders dismissively.
"I smelled the forest and had to know what strays you brought in this time," he paused for a moment, surveying the cats who stare right back, not batting an eye, "but I see they are no strays at all."
"No, Claw. They aren't. This is Stormberry, Alderflame, Mistyblue and Tabbyheart of Burrowclan. They are traveling with us to the Clan of Jewel."
"Oh? Is that what Prissy wanted with you yesterday."
"Yes." Jin replies tersely. Claw glances at the clan cats one last time, seeming to be amused before jumping onto a desk chair and curling into a ball.
"What was that comment about my daughter?" Claw smirks and lifts his head.
"I'm simply saying that it would benefit her to get some experience."
"She has experiences!" Stowaway interrupts, her fur sticking up defensively.
"Yes, Stowaway! But those are islands and places that smell like fish. But that's not what experience I'm talking about. She needs to learn to survive!" He hisses but before Jin or Stowaway can reply—or the Clan cats can interrupt—the door opens.