Chapter Eight

It felt like moons ago when Mistypaw became Stormberry's apprentice. But now, she was getting more confident in her role. But today, she wasn't sorting herbs. Today, she was just outside the medicine den, watching as her sister Tabbypaw, Songpaw got their warrior names and Icekit, Sparrowkit, Toadkit and Oceankit becoming apprentices.

"I, Cherrystar, leader of Burrowclan call upon my warrior ancestors look down on these two apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn. Songpaw, Tabbypaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your lives?"
"I do." Tabbypaw and Songpaw say together. Cherrystar smiles proudly and continues,
"Songpaw, from this moment forward, you will be known as Songfeather. Starclan honors your courage and faith and we welcome you as a full warrior of Burrowclan."
"Songfeather! Songfeather!" The cats call as Songfeather goes over to nuzzle with her father. Cherrystar turned to Tabbypaw and smiled as she stepped forward to stand in front of her leader.
"Tabbypaw, from this moment forward, you will be known as Tabbyheart. Starclan honors your determination and good heart and we welcome you as a full warrior of Burrowclan."
"Tabbyheart! Tabbyheart!" The warriors call as Tabbyheart runs over to her sister to nuzzle her before running back to the other warriors.
"We are almost finished, I promise!" Cherrystar jokes as the others laugh, "Icekit, Toadkit, Sparrowkit and Oceankit, come here please!" Cherrystar calls, her eyes warm at the kits as Morninglove encourages them to go up to the high rock.

Nervously, the scramble up to be with their leader.
"Icekit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Icepaw. Your mentor will be Redstorm. I hope Redstorm will pass down all he knows on to you," Cherrystar looks through the crowd to find Redstorm and the other warriors that were to be mentors, who began to pad over to the high rock, "Redstorm, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Thunderpelt, and you have shown yourself to be courageous and thoughtful. You will be the mentor of Icepaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Icepaw." It goes quiet as Redstorm and Icepaw touch noses before standing by the leader.
"Toadkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to become an apprentice. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Toadpaw. Your mentor will be Echofoot. I hope Echofoot will pass on all she knows to you," Cherrystar paused as Echofoot scrambled up the hill to sit next to Toadpaw, "Echofoot, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Alderflame, and have shown yourself to be brave and loyal. You will be the mentor of Toadpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Toadpaw." The two cats touch noses.
"Sparrowkit, come here. Don't be shy now!" Cherrystar says, her voice warm and eyes crinkled in amusement as the young she-cat stares at the leader sheepishly.
"Sparrowkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to become an apprentice. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Sparrowpaw. Your mentor will be Ashtail. I hope Ashtail will pasa down all he knows to you," Ashtail comes up to the high rock, "Ashtail, you are ready to take on an apprentice.  You have received excellent training from Morninglove, and have shown yourself to be supportive and honest. You will be the mentor of Sparrowpaw, and I except you to pass on all that you know to Sparrowpaw." Cherrystar sighs as Oceankit comes forward.
"You are the last one, Oceankit. Are you nervous?"
"Yes. Very much Cherrystar." He answers honestly, making some of the cats laugh, as Oceankit flattens his ears in shame. A purr rumbles in Cherrystar's throat as she swipes her tail gently over the kit.
"It is alright. We were all nervous once." She says kindly, before her face becomes serious again.
"Oceankit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Oceanpaw. Your mentor will be Flamedew. I hope Flamedew will pass down all he knows on to you." Cherrystar looks back at her advisor, who dips his head to her before coming to be by Oceanpaw.
"Flamedew, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You received excellent training from the late Goldenflake, and you have shown yourself to be helpful to every cat and just. You will be the mentor of Oceanpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Oceanpaw." As the two cats touched noses, the other cats called their names.
"Icepaw! Toadpaw! Sparrowpaw! Oceanpaw! Icepaw! Toadpaw! Sparrowpaw! Oceanpaw!" They chanted proudly as they saw two bright young warriors and four eager apprentices receive their names in their Clan.

But as Mistypaw looked on, she couldn't help but feel empty. When would she receive her name?
"Stormberry... will I receive a name someday?" Mistypaw asked.
"Hmph, of course."
"When?" Mistypaw asked, her tone eager and impatient. Stormberry's eyes hold a mysterious gaze about them.
"Soon I'm sure." She said vaguely, "now go on! Celebrate your sister's and friend's ceremony!" Stormberry encouraged, happy for the first time since Mistypaw knew her as they padded over to the other cats in the clearing.

Author's Notes

OH MY GOD, that took so long!! Sorry, I was going to go into other things, but I guess I can't lmao. I'm tired XD

I'm hoping to finish this book by the end of the week since I'm off the rest of the week for Thanksgiving break!

Wish me luck!

Batwing🖤