Chapter Four

It has been several moon since Tabbykit and Mistykit-now Tabbypaw and Mistypaw-has arrived. Now, it was their first Gathering, as well as all the clans for a while. Sunclan, Burrowclan, Jungleclan and Moonclan would all be there. Mistypaw was beside her mentor Flamedew and Tabbypaw was beside her mentor Alderflame.

Stormberry was having a difficult not looking over at the new apprentices-her kits. Her heart ached for kinship, but she knew they shouldn't know-especially after Goldenheart seemed suspicious. But no matter, they were at the Gathering now, no time to pose questions about one of Burrowclan's most respected cats. Instead, Stormberry stayed beside her fellow medicine cats, including Sunshine, Sunclan's medicine cat (also Burrowclan's ally) who also happened to be Duskstar's sister.
"Stormberry." Sunshine said, titling her head in greeting. Stormberry's muzzle twitched as she titled her head in return to Sunshine.

As Stormberry and the others sat, eventually, it was Burrowclan's turn.
"Cheerystar?" Ravenstar, leader of Moonclan, said, giving her a chance to speak.
"Thank you, Ravenstar. Prey is running well, we have had a great season. Our medicine cat Stormberry found two kits in the snow. They have now been given their apprentice names Mistypaw and Tabbypaw." There were cheers all around from Burrowclan and a few from the other clans. Next, and the final speech, came from Duskstar. Still, as Sunclan Warriors were beside her, Stormberry couldn't help but overhear...

"Why should we, Littlefawn?!" A completely black cat with very blue eyes stands out among the crowd, at the edge of it right next to Stormberry. The she cat beside him, presumably Littlefawn, with red eyes and half black and half grey fur rolls her eyes.
"Duskstar is our leader-besides, Quietfeather is our brother, can you not respect who he loves, Moringlight?!" Littlefawn whispers back scoldingly.
"I suppose... if I believed two toms could fall in love." Morninglight hisses out, stretching his claws.

Something about it did not feel right, but Stormberry did not feel it was her place...

Author's Notes

I'm sorry these chapters are so short. I feel like it's a slap in the face to all of you because I haven't updated in a while. My past self didn't give me much to work with regarding notes on what the chapters were about XD Whoops!
I feel like if I do these more and more, we'll get better chapters-especially since the ACTUAL story hasn't started yet. The big, major plot I mean, so it'll get better!

I try my best!

Batwing🖤