Chapter Two

A few moons after, leaf-bare falls on the clans. While out looking for herbs, Stormberry finds two kits- one with grey fur and green eyes and the other with orange spotted fur and blue eyes.

She takes them back to camp and Songpaw gasps, dropping the mouse she was carrying.
"Kits?!" Cheerystar asked in astonishment.
"Yes... I found them in the snow. Two girls." Stormberry explains, casting her eyes down at her paws.
"What should we name them?!" Songpaw asks, excited to see more cats coming into the clan.
"Stormberry, I will allow you to do the honors since you find these kits." Cherrystar says, blinking warmly at the medicine cat. Stormberry blinks looking up in surprise, but nods. She thinks about it for a while before deciding.
"The grey one will be named Mistykit, the orange one will be named Tabbykit."
"Mistykit and Tabbykit it is then." Cherrystar nods, satisfied with that answer as she shows the kits off to the others in the clan. Stormberry and Alderflame make eye contact. His green eyes stare intently at her. They say nothing, but they both know. Alderflame would recognize those pelts and eyes.

They both know Stormberry has lied.

Author's Notes
Very short, I know. I decided to share the big plot point about this.

Mistykit and Tabbykit are Stormberry and Alderflame's kits, but no one else knows.

Why? Eh, dramatic irony (AKA where the audience knows something the characters don't).

My schedule isn't really working- I'm just writing chapters whenever I can (still technically uploading chapters on specific days, sort've. Just not having 1 Chapter this day and 2 chapters that day kind of thing)

Batwing🖤