Chapter Fourteen

"So, why do almost all of you have relations to the... 'Clan of Jewel'?" Tabbyheart asks Juke an hour later, when he comes outside to check on them.
"Oh... well, they've been protecting us for a long time... perhaps even when Burrow lived here." Juke replies.
"I see... you said that one of them was your mates?"
"Yes. A warrior named Apollyon, we had a son named Spots. Meadow is also technically mine." Mistyblue didn't show it, but she was surprised.
"I see." Juke says nothing else, but he looks nervous. After a moments, he turns back to Mistyblue.
"I'm worried for Meadow. Prissy can be... unpredictable. She's loyal to the Clan of Jewel, has been for a long time. It's just... I don't know how long it will last." Mistyblue blinks thoughtfully.
"What about the others?" Juke turns towards the hillside and shrugs.
"Rags is only as loyal as the rest of us-which means it's not a lot. Him, me, Box and Gretta only care that we are well protected. For each other and our kits."
"I'm surprised you are not as loyal with such familial ties." Mistyblue says, stating her shock. Juke's ears twitch.
"I don't know... we just want to be safe and be able to survive without having to resort to becoming rogues, loners, or-no offense-clans cats. We have nothing against them, but none of those things is exactly the life we want." Mistyblue didn't understand, but she nodded anyway to be polite.

***

Alderflame was eating a mouse when Box came out of her Twoleg's house, chasing a butterfly. She stopped when she was Alderflame and tilted her head.
"How exactly do your clans work?" Alderflame swallows the last of his mouse and stands up to stretch.
"Well, we have a leader and an advisor who advises them and then there are the medicine cat's who take care of all the clans injuries-like Stormberry and Mistyblue. Then there are warriors and finally elders. There are also queens-mothers- and kits." Box blinks thoughtfully.
"I see."
"Why do you ask?" Her eyes twinkle at him with a mysterious glint.
"I am just curious." And as she begins to turn, she suddenly pauses and circles back around.
"Do medicine cats interpret dreams?" Alderflame blinks.
"No... they do not. At least, as far as I know." It goes quiet for a moment before Box looks at him sadly and goes back inside the fence.

***

Inside, Gretta runs over to Box eagerly.
"Well???" Box shakes her head.
"Alderflame says that medicine cats do not interpret dreams."
"Maybe we should ask Stormberry or Mistyblue themselves?" Gretta questions.
"Perhaps Stormberry will be a better option-she has more experience it seems."
"Yes... go on, impress the clan cats with your questions!" Prissy hisses. Before she was cheerful, but now that the clan cats were gone, she could show her true colors. Gretta's ears flattened as both cats backed away in fear.
"We just want to see if they can help."
"Please don't be too loud, Prissy. Our kittens aren't too far away." Box chimes in, as all three she-cats glance at Meadow, Poppy and Misty.

Prissy's back arches as she hisses in response.
"I don't care at this point! You are going to ask those strange cats for help?? We don't need their help! We have enough from the Clan of Jewel!" She snaps, whipping around to stock up to her deceased owner's old house. Box unsheathes her claws, pushing them into the earth as she glares at Prissy's back with darkened eyes.
"We will go ahead and ask Stormberry, agreed?" She asks not looking at Gretta, who nods quietly. She was frightened by the look on Box's face.
"What do we do about Prissy?" Gretta asks hesitantly as Box's expression turns back to normal. Box shrugs.
"Nothing. She has her loyalties and we have ours." She says as the kittens run back other to the mothers.
"Hello little ones." Box says with a warm expression, dragging her across Meadow's back as a yowl is heard in the direction of the houses. Alarmed, both she-cats ears and heads perk up to hear any other noise. As they stand there, alert as deers, Juke, Stormberry, Mistyblue, Tabbyheart and Alderflame return to investigate the noise. Another yowl is heard and Juke races off, recognizing the voice as Prissy's. The others soon follow, except for the kits, who stay behind with Mistyblue.

***

Prissy was found in the backyard of her house. And in front of her... a tiger like she-cat with dark black eyes and a fox like tail. The she-cat hissed at Prissy with ferocity and was attempted to claw at her but failed at every turn.
"What are you doing back here, Tigertail?! You are no longer welcome here!" Prissy hisses at the cat as they circle one another.
"I am no longer welcome because of you, Prissy! Your blind allegiance to the clan got my sister killed!" Tigertail spat. Prissy hisses and attempted to attack her, but Tigertail was stronger.
"Do soemthing!" Gretta urges Alderflame, as the rest stand and watch. He didn't want to... he didn't even know if he trusted Prissy. But for the sake of not having a cat's life on his paws, he dodged froward to help, growling and hissing at Tigertail. And she looked wounded, flinching away and attempting to leave. But before she does, she glares at Prissy.
"I hope you are happy with your new clan friends!" She hisses out, before running into the woods.

As though nothing had transpired, Prissy's cheerfulness flips back like a switch as she purrs.
"Thank you, Alderflame! You saved my life." She says.

But as the others leave, Alderflame glances at Stormberry and Tabbyheart...

Could they trust these cats anymore?

Author's Notes

TL'DR: Think of Clan of Jewel as like a mafia XD they are offering their protection to the kittypets... unless they cross a line of course!

Anyway, this more filler. It was just to explain backstories and have that surprise attack from Tigertail.

Sorry for the delay, this was supposed to be updated maybe a week or so ago, but stuff happens. I have ten chapters to go!

[EDIT: Hi! This probably looks weird and it's because I had stuff here about this account... sorry for any confusion!]

Stay tuned!

Batwing🖤

P.S. Sorry for the abrupt ending, I was trying to get this out before my birthday and I have succeeded-

 Sorry for the abrupt ending, I was trying to get this out before my birthday and I have succeeded-