Chapter One

It has been many moons since Ravenpelt died.

Stormkit became Stormpaw, then Stormberry. It's a shame Ravenpelt died before he could see her grow into the medicine cat she has become...

Currently, she was treating Thunderpelt's wounds from fighting with a fox.

The tom was too stubborn for his own good. She often wondered what Cherrystar saw in him... what Songpaw admired in this fool as a father.

"There. We're done." Stormberry deadpans and Thundrpelt stands up.
"Thank you, Stormberry." He says, titling his head towards her in respect before leaving her den.
At least he has manners.
"Don't get into any more fights with foxes!" Stormberry calls out as an afterthought, but he is already out of sight. She sighs and puts away some of the herbs. Manners maybe, but not much else. She adds in her head a mental note.

A cat pads towards the medicine den.
"Yes?" Stormberry barks out gruffly- hating to be interrupted in her work.
"I was just wondering if you would want any help?" Stormberry looks up to see an orange tabby: Alderflame. Whenever this tom was around, her voice became soft and her eyes became warm.
"Perhaps you could, Alderflame. Let me walk you to what I need." Stormberry says, abandoning her herbs and leading Alderflame out of the den.

She pads up to the High Rock where Cherrystar sits, grooming herself.
"Cherrystar?" The orange and red eyed tabby's ears perked up and she immediately stood up.
"Yes, Stormberry? How may I help you?" Cherrystar asks, her tone professional and calm.
"I, with your permission, would like Alderflame to accompany me to get some herbs."
"Oh? You could take Songpaw-"
"No, that is alright. I'm sure she has other duties, Alderflame will do just fine." Stormberry says quickly, as Songpaw's head peeks up with freshly wet moss in her jaws and then lowers again. Cherrystar looks puzzled and maybe a little bewildered by Stormberry's interruption and then nods slowly.
"Alright. That is fine with me, Stormberry." Cherrystar says and goes back to cleaning herself. Stormberry and Alderflame bow their heads to their leader and pad out of the camp.
"You two be careful out there! I hear there are foxes roamin' around." The only elder in camp, Goldenheart rasped as she lies down her back, swatting a butterfly in the sun. Her battered and faded yellow pelt shined in the sun as her faded golden eyes seemed to be a tad bit brighter.
"I know. I just cleaned Thunderpelt's wounds this morning." Stormberry replies with an irritated flick of her tail, making Goldenheart laugh as the two younger cats go out of camp.

***

Once they were far enough from camp (and still in territory), Stormberry turned to Alderflame with sad eyes.
"We can not continue this... we cannot continue seeing each other like this. I am a medicine cat. You are a warrior! This goes against everything we stand for- this goes against the Warrior Code!" Stormberry exclaims as Alderflame cautiously pads closer to her.
"But...I love you, Stormberry." Alderflame explains, his voice sounding so... sad. Stormberry sighs and turns away.
"I can't go on like this." She says as he comes closer.
"But... I also can't stop loving you." She whispers as they nuzzle each other in an embrace.
Why did I fall for this fool? She questions as they lie in the grass.

Author's Notes

We all know the drill. Medicine cat and a warrior fall in love. Angst ensues!

Batwing🖤