Chapter Ten

"Stormberry! What brings you here?" A SunClan patrol near Sunclan and Burrowclan's border consisting of Firebreeze, an orange tom with black eyes who is Duskstar's brother, his apprentice Berrypaw, a grey and black 'paw with one light blue and one dark green eye, Dark Fawn, a grey she-cat with black ears and a tail and red eyes, and Bumbleleaf, Duskstar's advisor, who was black all over except her muzzle and light blue eyes.
"Greetings. I request passage through your land. I need to ask something for Sunshine." Stormberry explains, dipping her head to Bumbleleaf.
"Of course. Come with us. Is this your apprentice?" Bumbleleaf asks making small talk.
"Yes. She is. This is my apprentice, Mistypaw."

***

When they got inside the camp, it looked the other clans of the forest, except all the cats were mostly black and grey. They were currently having a meal. Stormberry explained them all to Mistypaw as quickly as she could as they waited for Sunshine.

The cat with the black fur and white muzzle who had one yellow and one blue eye was Quietfeather, Duskstar's mate and a warrior of SunClan. In a circle with him were three cats. The one in the middle who's body was half black and half grey with pale blue eyes was Littlefawn, she was Quietfeather's sister. The cat on her left who had grey/blue fur with pale green eyes was Eagleclaw, a cat who had come into SunClan as a kit. On Littlefawn's left was her father, an elderly cat named Ebonyclaw had grey fur with blue eyes. He had four children: Littlefawn, Quietfeather, Bumbleleaf and Morninglight.

Morninglight was a solid black cat with dark black eyes. He was sitting with a she-cat, his mate, named Sparrowheart who had white fur with some grey lines, a grey and white spotted tail and dark green eyes. Morninglight had a daughter from a previous mate named Littlepaw, an apprentice with black fur, grey ears and bright blue eyes. Together, Morninglight and Sparrowheart had a son, Berrypaw, who Mistypaw had met earlier.

Finally, Sunshine, the clan's medicine cat and Duskstar's and Firebreeze's sister.
"Sunshine!" Stormberry called as the two nuzzled in greeting. Mistypaw looked at Sunshine with surprise. Duskstar, the tom sitting on the high rock with solid black fur and amber eyes, did not look like his sister or brother, Firebreeze, at all. But unlike Firebreeze, Sunshine's orange fur was a much more darker, muted color and she had the same amber eyes Duskstar had.
"Sunshine, this my apprentice Mistypaw." Sunshine dips her head slightly to the grey, green eyed apprentice.
"Lovely to meet you Mistypaw," she then turns to Stormberry, "what brings you here?"
"We need herbs. We are running low. One of our warriors got into a fox fight near the border. I used the last of my poppy seeds and cobwebs for him."
"I see. Any other herbs that you need?"
"Not that I know of. We have had trouble finding herbs in the forest." Stormberry explains as she follows Sunshine into her den. Mistypaw followed.
"Hmm... that's unfortunate. Perhaps it is because it's close to leaf-bare?" Sunshine wondered as she padded her paws lightly through the herbs.
"That's what I thought as well." Stormberry said with a nod.
"I shall prepare a bundle for you," Sunshine says with a smile, "but first I need to find my-"

"Stop asking me about Quietfeather and Duskstar, Morninglight! It's none of our business what Quietfeather does with his mate!" A voice from outside the den spat.
"And you are not shocked in the slightest that two toms are mates, Littlefawn?" Morninglight asked in shock and slight disgust.
"Of course not! Need you forget that our sister enjoys the company of she-cats?!" Littlefawn hisses.
"And you think that that justifies it?" Morninglight asks, his tone getting dangerously low. Before Littlefawn can answer, Sunshine comes out of her den.
"Is there a problem here??" She asks, looking between the siblings. Littlefawn looks down, ashamed that Sunshine, Stormberry and Mistypaw had heard them. Morninglight, however, is not remorseful and simply scowls at the medicine cat.
"No. Nothing at all." He says curtly, turning away, sulking. Littlefawn leaves in the opposite direction a moment later. Sunshine lets out a long sigh once the two cats leave.
"They argued about this before. At the Gathering."
"Yes. I could hear them-and you could clearly too."