6.4

We met up at some diner right outside of LA.

"Who's gonna be here?" I asked, getting out of the car.

"It's Kellin, and his wife Katelynne and their daughter Copeland. Cope is way younger than you guys though." Sarah said, texting someone on her phone.

"What time will we get to see Tyler and Josh?" Alyssa said. She was kinda sad she didn't get to go with them for a couple days by herself like I did because Brendon thought she wasn't ready to fly by herself yet, but she could go next year.

"We're gonna go to the venue at like 3ish." Brendon replied, quickly slamming on the brake because he had stopped paying attention to the road and was looking at us in the rear view mirror. "Sorry."

"It's gonna be a long night, Lyss." Sarah warned her, because she was easily tired sometimes. "You might wanna take a nap after we eat."

"I'll be fine." Alyssa replied, looking out the window.

"Can you turn on the radio or something?" I asked Brendon, and the first song that came on was You Need To Calm Down.

Brendon got excited, he had been working with Taylor recently when they did ME! But we hadn't met her yet. Brendon has been working on a lot of new stuff recently. He did that song with Taylor, then he worked on Frozen 2, the premier for that is soon, next week I think, and we're going. I still need to find something to wear.

We arrived at the restaurant soon enough, and Kellin was already there.

"Hey man." Kellin stood up and did the weird bro hug thing to Brendon.

Katelyn and Sarah hugged, and Alyssa kind of waited behind Sarah as I waited behind Brendon.

"Hey!" Kellin turned to me next, giving me a real hug. That was the thing that I've learned with band guys, no matter if you really knew them or not they loved giving hugs. "Catelyn, right?"

I nodded, "Usually just Cate though."

"Got it." He turned around and his daughter was standing behind him. "This is Copeland." His daughter waved softly, and smiled.

We somehow switched roles and I was talking to the other Katelynne.

"Wait, how do you spell it?" She asked, after we had done our introductions.

"C A T E L Y N." I spelled out.

"We don't spell it the same." She laughed, then turned to Sarah and they started talking about names, and how Katelynne loved C names.

I sat in between Brendon and Copeland, Alyssa was on the other side of Brendon and Sarah was next to him. Katelynne and Kellin sat next to Sarah, with Kellin being next to Copeland.

"What are you guys gonna get?" Sarah asked us as we flipped through the menu.

"I want chicken strips." Alyssa said, then showed Brendon where it was on the menu.

"I might just get grilled cheese." I said, nothing else really sounding that good.

When the waitress came, we all ordered our drinks then told her we were ready to order food too. We all got water, except Copeland and Alyssa who got sodas.

"So what's been up with everyone?" Kellin asked. "How's school?"

"I haven't been in forever." I said. "I went for a while but I do online now."

"Do you like it?" He asked me, and I nodded.

"I like that I can do it on my own time. Like I could still stay and watch the full show every night without having to go to bed early for school. Like I just did it from when I woke up until I was done."

"That sounds nice." He replied, then turned to Alyssa. "Do you like your school?"

"Yeah. I do it after lunch, usually."

"What about you, Copeland?" Sarah asked, "What grade are you in now?"

"First grade." Copeland answered, louder than I had expected her to be.

"Do you like your teacher?" Copeland nodded, then started to reply.

"In the morning we practice our math and writing stuff then we have recess. Then we read a book and we get to play in the afternoon."

"That sounds like fun." Brendon smiled at her.

I wonder what I would've done when I was Copeland's age. Like, I know I was in school, but if I had always been with Brendon. What if I was biologically his and Sarah's? Would they have done anything different? I wish I had always been with them. I could've had baby pictures with them, and come home after school and go to the studio.

I don't know.

Brendon gave me a questioning look, and I nodded assuring him I was okay.

Our food came out, and we pretty much ate in silence, besides the occasional small talk.

Soon after we finished eating, we left the restaurant in our separate cars, with plans to meet at the venue.

-

-

-

I promise the next chapter is the concert. Also, somebody wanted me to add some Sleeping with Sirens so I did