6.3

Today was the day of the Twenty One Pilots concert. We were meeting some of other people for dinner before and then go to the concert with them.

I first walked down stairs, still in pajamas just wanting breakfast.

"Good morning angel." Sarah smiled at me when I walked into the kitchen.

"Morning." I came next to her and gave her a side hug.

"Do you want breakfast?" She asked, "I'm making Alyssa eggs."

"I'm not hungry right now." I answered, looking at the clock. "I didn't realize how late it was, it's almost ten."

"Yeah. Hey can you do me a favor and go wake up your dad for me?" She asked.

I still hadn't called Sarah or Brendon "Mom" or "Dad" yet, which I was starting to get mad about because it was getting close to the one year of them adopting me. But Alyssa did call them Mom and Dad, so they had gotten into the habit of calling each other mom and dad.

"Yeah, I got it." I walked from the kitchen to their room and opened the door

I opened the door, and jumped in bed next to Brendon. (A/N I swear if y'all make any of this dirty I'm gonna be mad).

"Sarah said you have to get up." I shook his shoulders a little bit and he opened his eyes.

"Mm, good morning to you too. Can I go back to sleep now?"

"I'm tired too, but Sarah said we have to wake up. I just woke up too."

"Just go back to sleep it's fine." He closed his eyes again, "I'll tell mom I said you could go back to sleep. We aren't meeting them until 3 so it's fine."

"I mean." I wanna as conflicted on what I wanted to do, but Sarah and Brendon's bed was super comfortable. "Fine just for a couple minutes though. I don't wanna get in trouble."

"Why would you get in trouble?" He asked, and I laid down on Sarah's side of the bed, pulling the blankets over me.

"I don't know."

I pulled the blankets up to me and rolled closer to Brendon. I had a quick deja vu moment of the first night I was with Brendon and him holding me. I quickly fell back asleep with him holding me.

"You guys need to get up." Sarah walked into the room.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"I told you to come wake him up an hour ago." Sarah laughed, tossing a pillow at Brendon when he didn't wake up.

"I'm sorry." I don't know what clicked in my head, but I got really scared and I just wanted to curl into a ball.

"It's no big deal." Sarah assured me, walking to sit next to me.

"I know but you told me to go to wake him up and then I didn't and I just went to sleep." I continued to panic for some reason and I still wasn't sure why.

Brendon had also quickly gotten up and was on the other side of me, I don't remember when he got there or what had happened.

"Hey, baby, you're fine come here." Sarah held me close and I tried to breathe normal but I couldn't.

"Here, Sarah I got this." Brendon said, they said something else but I don't really know what they said. "Ready, Cate breathe with me okay?"

I nodded quickly, and he quickly told me to slow down.

"Ready in with me." He took a deep breath in and I tried my best to follow but it was still shaky. "You're okay relax." He continued his breathing pattern and held me in for a hug, holding me tight. He wiped my eyes before I even realized I was crying and a minute later, I was breathing normal again but now even more tired than before. "What happened, baby?"

"I don't know. Can I go back to sleep?" I asked, rubbing my eyes and just wanting to cry a little bit still.

"I'll wake you up in an hour okay? Can you drink something for me first though?" He handed me a half empty water bottle off of his nightstand, and I chugged it. "Now you can go to sleep." He tucked me back into their bed, and kissed the top of my head.

I fell back asleep until Brendon woke me up. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Maybe?" I said but it was more of a question. "I don't know."

"Go take a shower okay? We're still gonna go see Tyler and Josh tonight if you feel up to it."

"No I'll be okay." I promised.

"We'll have to talk about that, but for now go ahead get dressed."

I left their room and walked up stairs to my shower. Whatever had happened this morning made me feel more numb than I had felt in a long time.

I sat in the shower, it felt like the longest shower of my life because I was still so tired from just existing, apparently.

I got dressed in my room. I put on black sheer tights with a red and black flannel print dress and black doc martens.

Brendon knocked on my door while I was in the bathroom putting on mascara.

"Come in." I answered sitting up.

"You look cute." He commented. "Are you feeling any better? What happened."

"I think I feel better. I just randomly felt like really scared and that I messed something up."

"You didn't mess anything up okay, you're fine." He gave me another hug, and kissed the top of my head. "Are you ready to go? We all are whenever."

"Yeah, I'm good." I followed him downstairs.

Brendon had on his normal outfit of black skinny jeans and a black button up t shirt with converse. Sarah was wearing black jeans with a white sweater and black ankle boots with a small heel.

I was then sent to get Alyssa. About Alyssa, she had been good. She felt better. Her hair was still fairly short because it was taking forever to grow back. She had a couple check ups since she was cleared, which I guess is the best word to use. The doctors said she was still good.

"Lyss." I knocked on the door.

"Yeah." I opened the door and she was tying her shoe on her bed.

"Brendon and Sarah wanted me to come get you."

"Oh, yeah I'm ready. Carry me?" She asked, holding her arms up.

"Get on my back it'll be easier." I replied.

Alyssa was wearing black leggings with a white tank top and a red and black flannel with red converse. Which meant that we were all unintentionally matching, again.

Sarah wanted to take pictures since we all were matching. So we spent about 20 minutes taking pictures and alternating who was in them and trying to prop it up on different stuff.

"Okay we have to go." Brendon said eventually, getting a text.

I grabbed my phone from the living room and followed everyone to the car.

Now time for lunch and concert.